Anyone experience QC's with Prime Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by robowarrior, Nov 20, 2011.

1. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Well I for one found some problems with my figure. Could just be me, but this hasn't stop me from loving this figure a lot.

When I transformed him into robot mode, the crest on my Starscream is bent as you can see on my pic. I tried fixing it but due to the bendy plastic it won't adjust.

[​IMG]

Second, the peg where his single thruster is located does not peg on my figure at all. I tried superglue'ing the peg in the hole but it does not peg in at all, just comes right off. I tried putting force on it but it just won't peg in at all..see pic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Third, my legs from the hips are flimsy but that's something I can fix with nail polish but no biggie there..

Lastly, paint applications. I noticed a couple of splashes of paint on his face which were very noticeable.. the silver on his face was off, I found a missing spot of paint on his helmet part... basically the paint looks rushed... I had to use some of my silver paint to fix the silver part on his face... hopefully you can see them on my pics..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall is a great figure... It's funny, earlier when I bought this figure, there was still another Prime Screamer on the pegs, went back this evening to see if I could pick it up, of course it was gone...haha.

How bout you guys, any QC's that you noticed?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only bad QC on mine was the paint on the face being a bit sloppy. I fixed it up a bit with some silver games workshop paint though.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't experienced Prime Starscream at all yet, much less its QC.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He looks like he has a funky hairdo. That's actually kind of great.

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Are you lining up his head and chest correctly while transforming him? That could cause the crest to be all fucked up.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Mine was like that out of the package. I'm not too concerned. If it doesn't fix itself, I'll just swap (mine also has a stress mark on the tailfin hinge thing and a loose left leg and bad paint on the face, so it's not like I don't have reasons).

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

With the headcrest since its soft plastic run it under hot water to make it a little more pliable and adjust and hold it in position than run it under cold water for a short period of time. Not garuanteed to work but it has helped with my Bludgeon's swords being warped.

8. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Starscream was probably the best one out of my three. The crest has a slight wave, but nothing like the curl in the pic above. :cool: 

But Arcee's rear wheel had what looked like glue of some kind on one side when I detached it while I was transforming her. Bumblebee was fine except for the head. A lot of silver/black paint spots on the yellow surrounding his face.

9. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

So getting toys early is like buying a games console right from launch? You're likely to see the highest number of defects. I only ask because I got voyager optimus and his upper body doesn't seem to have been put together properly on his left side. He looks ok, but the roof wont click in all the way fro truck mode and his right chest window is incomplete. not snapped off, just doesn't fill all of the frame. So I feel your pain robo warrior

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Its hard to say for sure. Sometimes qc issues seem to affect the initial release toys but its not really a pattern. My guess is this is a matter of trying to get them out on the market so there may be some that should have been pulled due to qc but did not.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nahh, the qc doesn't get any better lol, you just buy and exchange until you get one that's not broken

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    If mine had his head crest looking like that, he'd be hitting on all my fembots.