Anyone Excited About Metroid Prime 3?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by REDLINE, Aug 14, 2007.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    This game comes out 8-27-07, there's a Wii Channel hyping the game with 4 videos available now, and 2 more in 3 days, plus they just released the original Metriod on the NES for the VC today. Next Monday Super Metroid, one of the best games all-time will be released on the VC. I for one, am stoked. STOKED. I loved the first Prime, liked the 2nd (though not as much), but this one looks to take the cake! Finally we get stackable energy weapons (like in Super), springball finally makes its triumphant return, and the game has voice-acting and just oozes of atmosphere, not to mention the controls look to be simply amazing as well.

SO, anyone else excited? Gonna buy it?

2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Considering I let the last 2 sit for about 2 years each before finally getting around to them, and the fact that I have a ton of other games to catch up, I think I'll hold off on it for now.

If it was 3rd person, I'd pick it up on the 27th.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I plan on buying it but to be honest Nintendo is making me very nervous about doing so. Besides the Wii channel, the game seems to be getting an incredibly low amount of promotion for what should be a top tier game. But I am still very hopeful. The gameplay videos I've seen have all be really cool. And it will be awesome to have something about as accurate as a keyboard/mouse setup while playing a console.

4. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Nnooo? :(  Gotta have a Wii for that.

5. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I'll probabily get it on the release date, or a few days later.

Looks nice.

6. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I loved the first one, hated the second one.

Im glad this one is back to what made Super Metroid and the first Metroid Prime really amazing games.

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah exactly. This game looks much more imersive and varied, wheras the second one looked uninspired in the atmosphere and land department. I wish it was 3rd person too, but damnit the first one was fun as hell regardless, and they seem to be slowly adding more and more 3rd person segments, like the space jump for example. Seeing as this is the final installment of the Prime arc, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the next time we get a Metroid game that it WAS 3rd person.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Want it badly, can't get it until next month. The Wii is really ramping it up with releases this fall, its gonna be a pain in the ass to keep up.

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I'm psyched. I've got mine reserved. I've been playing Metroid Prime just to get in the mood. First is better than the second, but MP2 is still a great game in it's own right.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Trying not to get hyped for games really (money has been a bitch since about mid-july).

Only game I plan on getting anytime soon is the PC Collector's Edition of Bioshock.

After that I probably won't get anything until the new Phoenix Wright in October (and I still need to get my DS replaced..cheap piece of.......), or Mass Effect and Assassins Creed (whenever they come out).

Hell, I'm hardly hyped for a lot of games I normally would be (Metroid, Halo 3, etc.)

11. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    Im tottally excited for it. Metriod has to be one of my favorite game series of all time I still have Super Metriod in my Super NES

I Own all of the Primes Beat all but Echoes (Prime 1, Pinball, and Hunters of course)

My goal is to beat Echoes before the release date. Already got the game and the Guide Pre-orederd ( I collect game guides got one for the rest of the series why not this one)

I reallly want the virtual console stuff and the Wii Channel but I don't got wifi

Plus I finnally found a wii a week ago so my excitement for it went through the roof when I got it. I instantly went to the gamestop next door to the wal-mart I got it at and paid for the pre-order) Counting down the days now

I know that sounds like a lot of stuff might not make sence just realy lookin forward ot it and I got a question

In prime 2 I just beat Dark Samus 2 for the echo visor how much more do I got

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    after you get the echo visor? its time for you to get the screw attack right now, and the three keys for the temple so you can beat quadraxis and get the last cannon, the annihilator beam. after that its an extremely short jaunt to get the beam combo for that and then go to the main temple and get the light suit. then its a matter of trekking all over the planet to get the 10 keys to gain entrance to the king ing and finish the game.

13. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i dont have Wifi either....that's why i went and got me the Wii-USB ethernet adapter...wired connection.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Extremely excited about this game. One of the first original titles (I own RE4) on the Wii that I will buy.

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I might get it, I'd probably get it if there were a demo for download in the Shop Channel. I'll probably rent first, since I don't really like the way you aim

16. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I'm cautiously optimistic. I haven't really liked any of the other games in the Prime series, owing probably to my distaste for first person viewpoints, but I still want to give this one a try.

17. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered it a month ago. I can't wait for this game to come out.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This is one major problem with Nintendo IMO, they almost never have demo's of games available.

DS does to some extent through the stupid 'download station' crap. (every one I've been to is either 'broken' or 'sent for upgrade')

For Gamecube or Wii, they never in my memory gave out demo discs with magazines like PS and X-box, what are they afraid of?
    People being able to try their games before they buy them?

So yeah, I would look forward to Metroid Prime 3, if I'd had a chance to play it and see what the controls are like or even if they game is any good, but since all anyone has are videos of someone else playing, I can;t make judgement based on that.

(main reason I didnt get Transformers on Wii, I had no idea what the control system was like, and as Nintendo seems to have a 'no demo' policy going on, I thought screw it; and got it on PS2 + DS)

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Still super stoked. Last night I beat Metroid Prime 1 with a time of 8:52, 100% pickups, 100% logbook scans all from memory. For some reason the third image gallery didn't get unlocked though (my memory card was corrupted and I lost all save data), Might have something to do with the last pick up I got being an artifact? Either way, it's a testament to the useless junk I have in my brain. I think I'll do Echoes now, although I don't know it quite as well as Prime.

20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I am sure I will pick it up sometime soon, but as I bought the first one a few months ago and never got into it at all, I won't be rushing to get this one. However, since there currently isn't that much on the Wii to interest me, and this one does interest me, then I will be getting it. I'm just not going to rush out and get it. I think I will wait for reviews from you guys since everyone on here seems to know what they are talking about (and I might rent it first). Either way, a nice new Wii game would be great.