Anyone ever used steampowered.com

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by terry981, Jan 1, 2012.

1. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

or any other site? I want to get some games on the site, but how does it work? Do you download the games on your PC or do you pay and play on their website? Is it worth it or is their any other site that does something similar to this? And yes, i am aware of torrents and stuff, but that would be my last resort if I can't find the game or if people are charging an arm and a leg.

2. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Steampowered.com is the website for steam. You download steam, which you buy the games off of. The games are saved on your computer and in your steam cloud(Not sure about that last part). It's worth it, especially because steam is free, and some games on there like team fortress 2 are also.

3. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Can you burn the file? I'm really not into FPS or role playing but I feel like getting SSFIV AE since my PS 3 broke down twice. Be great to have the game on my PC ( providing I can back it up) so even if my comp breaks or needs to be formatted I can play it anytime on a working PC.

4. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

I don't believe you can put it on disk, but at least in my experience with the games I have, I can download them again on other computers with steam.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You buy and download games from the Steam client, and the games are attached to your account. You can download your games to any computer, anytime, so you don't need to worry about losing a game if your computer crashes, although you may lose savegame data which is typically stored locally.