Customs: Anyone ever try shellswapping Windcharger and Hupcap?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Nov 20, 2011.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the other day I managed to find an RTS Windcharger at five Below... as well as get a HFTD Hubcap from a Marshalls.

Looking at the two figs and transforming them... they have quite a few similarities. The arms fold almost identically. Chest/front hood form the same. Shoulder bits on both shift. Legs are reversed, and are the only major diff. The dimensions are similar...

Anyone try swapping their shells? If I can acquire an additional WC my next store hunt... I might try it. With the proportion variation, different bot bits, and reversed legs... maybe a small repaint and you got another set of bots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Um, why? I'm not saying don't, I just don't get what you want to achieve through this.

I would say it looks very doable, and I would love to see it, as I always love to see outlandish projects come to fruition. I would say it would be difficult to thin Hubcap's legs enough to take WC's leg frame, but aside from that, it looks like a neat idea. Here's hoping you find another Charger. :) 

3. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The bot torso/arms/legs you see on both figures are significantly different. The shell bit placements are just similar enough to allow a swap. Makes a somewhat more interesting pair of figures to repaint methinks. Add a new head to further differentiate them even further.

I found a custom a while back for WC (Streetwise for an Energon-esque Defensor) that looked neat... but with few exceptions I usually dislike having straight up repaints... so I was just thinking what could be done to make him different.

Now, would re-framing be a better term than re-shelling in this case? *shrug*