Anyone Ever Sold Toys to the FX Show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TimToyGeek, Apr 8, 2012.

1. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

This coming weekend, they're doing an Antique Toy Buying show at a hotel in Los Angeles, and they state in the ad that they're buying all 80's toys like G1 Transformers, GI Joes, etc. It's run by the FX Shows, which I've heard of.

I have a pretty good sized collection of 80's Joes and some G1 Transformers, as well as other 80's toys that I keep meaning to sell, so this looks like it might be an easy way to get these all sold all at once. I'm more concerned with making space than making money at this point, but it'd be nice to have something to show for these rather than giving them all away or dealing with the hassle of Ebay.

Has anyone here ever had any experience with one of these toy-buying shows? I kind of suspect it's like a cash for gold situation where there would be a lot of low-balling going on, people who'd rather sell it than haul it back home, and I'd rather deal with something at least semi-legitimate.

Thanks for any info,

Tim
    "toy geek"

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I know you shouldn't get your hopes up. They'll say they want anything and everything but when you haul all your stuff there, they'll be really picky about what they'll take. They'll lowball you too. Like anyone else, they have a budget. I'm sure they're just fishing, getting as many people as they can to bring as much stuff as possible in hopes that they find that one treasure. So they have you do all the work as it all just comes to them and they have their choice. Proceed with caution.