Anyone ever ship to Singapore from USA?

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by DethPike, Sep 22, 2008.

1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I know, I know - I posted this under General Discussion too, but since alot of the "business" happens here I was hoping someone might see this and lend some insight -

Trying to work out a deal with a guy in Singapore - it'll involve me shipping several HEAVY boxes from the USA to Singapore in exchange for some robots from his end.

Anyone have any idea what the cheapest TRACKABLE shipping method to Singapore might be? I did some checking and I keep coming up with like USPS Express Mail International at around $120 for a 20 lb box... I'll have like 5 of them, though. At $600 SHIPPING then, it almost seems not worth doing.

While we're at it - has anyone else ever done business/trades with KSGJ03 Online Toy Store on Ebay? His address is -

gerard seah/robo robo
    5 coleman street
    excelsior shopping centre #b1-17
    singapore 179865

He's got that Ebay store with alot of expensive Japanese TFs. Seems like a swell guy and I wanna try to make it happen for him but GEEZ shipping costs to Singapore seem rough unless I'm looking at the wrong figures. Almost makes more sense to just SELL my stuff and then BUY his.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Shipping isn't gonna be nice at all if you're talking big packages. My inside sources tell me all international shipping is trackable (use the # on the customs form)... But the limit on the el-cheapo shipping is 4lbs.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    That sounds about right, actually, it is crazy. But USPS Express Mail? You could use USPS Priority Mail International...

There you go.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Seconded. Int'l Priority is trackable and a lot cheaper.

5. DethPike

Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna pack everything into two huge boxes and physically TAKE THEM to a couple places - post office, etc - and see what someone can maybe do for me once they're on their counter. But yeah - looked into DHL, and USPS no longer does Surface Parcel I heard... at the rates I've seen so far this guy might as well live on the MOON. :( 

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if this'll help but in the UK we have a lot of courier "middlemen" - who order in bulk and therefore get a big discount on postage. Like, I sent something to Singapore which was about 25kg I think - cost me £110 as opposed to £300 on DHL's website. Go figure.

You might have something similar over there?

7. DethPike

Ebay:
    ?? Not that I'm aware of, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip.