Anyone ever ship to Singapore? Anyone IN Singapore?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DethPike, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Trying to work out a deal with a guy in Singapore - it'll involve me shipping several HEAVY boxes from the USA to Singapore in exchange for some robots from his end.

Anyone have any idea what the cheapest TRACKABLE shipping method to Singapore might be? I did some checking and I keep coming up with like USPS Express Mail International at around $120 for a 20 lb box... I'll have like 5 of them, though. At $600 SHIPPING then, it almost seems not worth doing.

While we're at it - has anyone else ever done business/trades with KSGJ03 Online Toy Store on Ebay? His address is -

gerard seah/robo robo
    5 coleman street
    excelsior shopping centre #b1-17
    singapore 179865

Seems like a swell guy and I wanna try to make it happen for him but GEEZ shipping costs to Singapore seem rough unless I'm looking at the wrong figures. Almost makes more sense to just SELL my stuff and then BUY his.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I have visited the store above - at the most I can vouch that the store exists and I believe that I got some Star Wars figures there.

With regards to shipping, I'm afraid I can't help ya but it is kinda hefty!!! I'm not sure what the deal is but if he's willing to pay ya - go for it! LOL!

3. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    I've visited the store to buy some clearance movie toys a couple of months back. As for shipping, yeah..Shipping is always a real pain. How about shipping via sea? WOuld that do? It's surely way cheaper..though longer.

4. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    isn't that the place where the black god ginrai's were made?

5. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    How about EMS Speedpost? I'm not sure if it costs a lot more though.

I am in Singapore, and yes, shipping back and forth is a proper biatch. ***Also, do declare the value of your goods to be less than USD400 on the customs form to avoid GST/VAT charges which the customs will charge your recipient for, and it might get complicating if he asks you to share costs on that.

EDIT: Oh by the way, the USD400 limit INCLUDES shipping charges, so try to work something out.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same building but different shop if I remembered correctly.

7. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I'd suggest shipping it via sea ship, hehe, ya got the pun now, don't ya? LOL :lol 

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree that international shipping can be a pain and expensive. How about Priority International mail in your situation? This is what I use when I am shipping something internationally. It is trackable and slower but it is also a tad cheaper. Each of your 20 lb boxes would cost you $113.75 so the total cost is $568.75. However, that would exceed the limit that was mentioned. I hope that you can work something out with him.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Oh... oh geez... :) 

Thanks for all your help, folks. Yeah, I looked into DHL, and also found that USPS isn't doing Surface Parcel anymore... I'm gonna box this stuff up into hopefully two HUGE boxes and physically take it places - put it on someone's counter and see what they can do for me.

Thanks for all the tips!

- Sean

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Haha! I remember that, I assume you mean the colored godbombers trying to be passed off as real? if I remember correct was it not Ministry of toys that did that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.