Anyone ever see Perfect Blue?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by funkatron101, Oct 13, 2006.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I thought it was a good movie. But I am a bit conflicted on who's perspective told the story.

I would like to think that it was actually from Rumi's point of view and not Mima's. It would explain all of the delusions and indicate that the real Mima was aware that she had a stalker, but that she was in fact mentally stable the whole time.

I doubt that is the intention, but it makes it a lot more fun for me to think that the whole thing was just a mind trip from Rumi and the viewers went along for the ride.

2. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I saw it when it first came out. to this day I honestly haven't figured out what point of view that story was told in. I really liked the animation in it. Art style is what i look at first for most anime. I have to say that it is one of the few stories that kept me not knowing who was doing what durring the whole time. More often then not i can figure out who's behind the evilness. Ofcourse that may be the reason i wasn't really into it story wise.

3. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    It was created to be ambigous. The point is that you can try to interpret it both ways. I love stuff like that :) 

4. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

Kewl, that makes more sense in retrospect. But I have always been the kinda person to want to be spoiled to plot. I am just wierd that way it doens't even keep me from seeing something so long as i know what will happen.

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw it a ways back...forgot a -lot- of the story specifics, but I do remember thinking that it was one of the few times I saw a Confusing Anime Ending (tm) and came out actually quite impressed.

Naturally my view on such things has changed as I got into the films of Miike, Shimizu, Park Chan-wook, etc. ;) 

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    To me this is the kinda thing that made this movie so great. It's what the movie is really about which is the physiological distortion between fantasy and reality and it's really up to the viewer.

The thing that really fucked with my head was Mima's name as my last name is Meema so that really messes around with the ol noodle :lol 

7. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Seen it a few times, like it but yeah it can be interpreted as both sides of the story IMO.

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Honestly, all I remember about that movie is my Dad saying "If I hear 'cut' one more time I'm going to scream."

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I watched it around my GF's place (this was years ago) and her Mum walked in when they were filming the rape scene...

We paused it sharpish.