Anyone ever see a movie called Drive

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Socialvegetable, May 26, 2008.

1. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    A friend and I were talking about B movies and such this week, and I got to thinking about this movie called Drive, from the late 90's, starring Mark Dacascos (post-Brandon Lee The Crow, Double Dragon, Iron Chef America). I've got a VHS copy somewhere, but I'd like to own this damn fine karate-action flick on DVD. Problem is, it's going for $35 - $70 on Amazon, and the only 2 copies on Ebay are the UK region 2 release.

So if anyone's got a copy they don't want, and are willing to part with it for a reasonable amount, let me know.

Otherwise, I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen the movie. IMO, the action is fantastic, and for a straight-to-video release, I always thought the acting was pretty good as well.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    No but I saw a show on fox I kind of liked called drive, it got canned after 4 episodes just as it was getting interesting.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Drive is awesome, basically its what Rush Hour copied, but better in every way.

The hilarious bits are Mark Decascos trying to speak Cantonese... terrible. Also, a young Brittney Murphy is in it as a slightly deranged motel receptionist. The only real downer to the film is the final fight, they went with a Japanese celebrity rather than a proper martial artist.

Get the UK release, its got lots of decent extras. I thought they might have it here, but they're out.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/934121/Drive/Product.html

4. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

He's got a turbo-charged ticker or some such, yes?

I think i found it in a bargin 99p bin in Morrisons a few weeks ago, but dumped it back in there with the early Jean Claude Van Damme stuff.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Its worth 99p.

And yes, he has a prototype booster unit thing in his chest (See? Iron Man copied this too!) which boosts his strength and speed, and he wants it removed, so he goes to the states to the only company that would remove it for him. But the evvvvvvvil company wot made it want it back before their secrets out... so they're sending the new model guy after him!

Shock! But seriously. Drive is great fun. 99p? Bargainus.

6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    If Dacascos had been about in the mid 80's he would have been as big as segal (not beer gut wise) but he never made it, Drive kicks ass though, very underated

7. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If only there were a forum for movies and television....

No, I don't have anything else to contribute.

:p 

8. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:

I don't have a region free dvd player, though, and I really just want a reasonably cheap copy of the film, I'm not worried about the extras. Murphy is awesome in this, too.

all I have to say is "Time to blow."