anyone ever return anything to hts before?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by perithimus, Oct 23, 2008.

1. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got my sideswipe in today and his arm is broken. Anyone ever had to return an item to hts that can tell me what the process is?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My HTS Sideswipe was defective too. His left foot looks like a rat took a big bite out of it. I'll probably just wait until I see another one in a store and just exchange it there.

This page should help you with your return: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Dispstpg.htm?ID=13

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    The return process is described as being really easy; you just fill out the little form that they included with the shipment and place the pre-paid return label on the box.

I should reiterate that it should be that easy but, at least from my limited experience, it isn't. I've returned two boxes to HTS and they never received either of them. One they refunded right away after I called and the other I'm still trying to get refunded after 2 months.

That said, if you return, I'd pay the extra $.75 for delivery confirmation that way you can track it. I have never seen anything on the pre-paid label that is suitable for tracking (though I could definitely be wrong).

Good luck!

4. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd advise that you call the customer service first so that they know to expect your return.

5. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I just got my HTS Sideswipe in a few days ago, where he spins at the waist is soo loose you can spin him like a top and there is a manufacturing defect in both of his arms in that they are cut at an angle so when you go to transform him they pop off... easily fixed with sand paper. AND one of his arms was back wards so his fist tab was showing facing up but his shoulder was correct. I had to take some plyers and pull the plastic off the metal pin and redo his whole arm.

I swear if this is HTS quality I wont be ordering from them again. I hope my Cyclonus dont come in the mail messed up.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    wow, they'll even refund your shipping? did I read that right?

7. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    They put a postage-paid tag in the package for returns. If you need to return an item with them I suggest that you DO NOT do it. I returned my Animated Voyager Prime at the end of August. It is now the end of October and I still don't have my replacement.

Apparently they lost my return and are in the process of trying to find it. I couldn't get a tracking number from the post office when I dropped the return off because the post office told me that in order to do that, I would have to pay the entire shipping cost of the package.

If you need to return an item, I recommend that you buy one from a local store and then use the reciept to return the defective one. It is so much less of a hassle that way. The only good thing about HTS return policy is that they pay for return shipping........otherwise IT SUCKS.

Also, I think buying from BBTS is so much better because the customer service can't be beat. Sure you pay extra but, sometimes it's worth it to have that peace of mind.

8. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I second that advice. I returm a Premium Optimus Prime at the end of July and I just got a refund last week after calling a few times. I agreed to a refund of the product only, they did not refund shipping charges. I don't know if they got it or not, they did not confirm that. So get delivery confirmation for sure! I don't think you'll have any problems.

9. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    I feel bad for anyone that has to return a defective item to them, they gave me a legless!!! animated starscream and I returned it the same day, just wanting another one, and two months later they FINALLY got around to just giving me a refund on it. I was kinda pissed honestly.

10. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    crap, i sent a magnus back a week ago. >>

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn. Looks like I'll be selling the Joes I couldn't cancel instead of returning them to HTS.

12. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Took me nearly 3 months to get a refund from them when I returned something. I guess the process is "easy". Just fill out the form and send it back with the prepaid postage, but it took forever to get the refund. But then again, I was too lazy to call them. Maybe that would speed up the process?

13. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Nope calling them gets you nowhere. I called 4 or 5 different times about my Animated Voyager Prime and I get the standard "A Supervisor will call you" or "we're sending this into an investigation with our home office.....someone will call you back."

They did actually call me back but the first time the supervisor told me to give them a few more days and call back.....which I did. The second time, they called me back on October 10th to tell me my replacement was shipping that day. I never recieved the package so I called them back today and they told me that the replacement never shipped. They opened up yet another inquiry and told me another supervisor would be calling me AGAIN.

So yeah.....calling them doesn't do any good. Their return policy states that it's "no hassle" but it's been nothing but a hassle.

14. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do not expect any fast results whether exchanging a toy or getting a refund. It seems they like to "forget" about thier unhappy customers, especially when they lose a even a little money.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Does Hasbro even test their product to make sure they meet quality standards anymore? This is the one thing I don't like about Animated or the new Classics...some of the figures feel as though they're being held together by saliva and scotch tape.

16. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

well, I sent in a magnus and a wrong item for exchange two weeks ago... I emailed them the day of sending them back, but got what seemed like an automated response... so boy does this thread make me uneasy

17. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I just rescently returned Ironhide in the mail to them because I found one before the package got here. I really hope it doesn't get lost in the mail. My g/f was sweet enough to order it for me when she thought that it was going to take a long time for Universe Wave 3 to show up around here, I would hate for her to get screwed out of her 16 bucks (If this happens, God help the person on the phone at Hasbro). They refused to stop the order when the thing hadn't even left the warehouse yet, it was garbage dealing with them and I'll never do it again. Hopefully it'll show up in the bank account and she'll receive that email soon. I mailed it almost a week ago.

To the poster, All you have to do is use the return slip in the bottom of the package. fill out the paperwork and take it to your local post office of Fed Ex..they will ship it back free of charge.

18. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well then I guess I'm not returning the joes they sent me by mistake. I'm glad I saw this thread first.

I hate the automated response email that they send. First they send the "we got your email thread give us a day or two to look at it." Then instead of giving an actual here's what you do I get the generic "returning to HTS is easy...."

19. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I didnt order this from HTS but awhile back I got a defective Ultimate Bumblebee I was able to return it and they gave me a full cash refund and they payed for the shipping even though it did take like 4 weeks after I sent him back to receive the check in the mail