Anyone ever make weapons from stuff lying around the house?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mitch FIN Keith, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

I need guns for some of my transformers but im on a fix budget. Anyone have any tips for customizing on a budget?

2. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Yes. I pulled a bunch of resistors off of old motherboards and superglued them together to make an awesome sniper rifle/grenade launcher for an old armada ratchet repaint someone brought me in. I still have it but the barrel broke off. If I can find it (just got done moving to a new house) i will take a pic of it.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Pens, paper clips, jewelry chains, dish soap caps, Lego technic pieces, used model kit sprues...

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

when i got rid of my Spawn figures- the ones that broke during a recent move, i kept a few accessories and weapons to use with other figures.
    Wreck-Gar is holding a "knife" that came with the early Todd Toys release of Chapel. the gray matched the battle axe better than i expected.

5. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

can you post a pic of any weapons you made?

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Toothpicks + masking tape = awesome spears

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Back when Alternators Windcharger was released and he didn't get the fancy barrel that Binaltech Overdrive had, I figured "hey, a tube's a tube," and I used a damn drinking straw as the barrel of his gun. Made the pin to hold it out of a snapped toothpick :p 

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    It's not quite "around the house"(Well, for me it is.), but you might want to look into buying styrene tubing and plates to make weapons out of. If you have a Hobbytown nearby, they should carry it. It's great for making knives and swords.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    No, I just swap weapons between TFs.

10. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    this

11. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whenever I had to go get my dad from the bar I'd grab some of those little plastic cocktail swords for my toys. They were pretty good, especially for Joes. Do they still make those? I'd imagine so.

12. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What I did for a few customs was surf ebay, here on the boards. Just cause something was made for another toy line does not mean you cannt used it for transformers. I got in some crazy stuff buying collection off ebay, and locally. I peice 3 broken guns together did a mold and recasted it

13. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I use a lot of old Gundam guns for my TFs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Megs needs a BFG, and this gattling gun's peg fit in the hole on his arm perfectly. Too big to attach to his altmode, but pretty decent scale in botmode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure this little gun is from an old Gundam toy. Just thought it was pretty cool how it could attach to his arm since his sculpted hands can't hold stuff too well.

[​IMG]
    Also pretty cool that it can attach to his altmode, even though it's just kinda stashed in the undercarriage.

14. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am currently using a couple of files from my hobby file set to arm my Sweep Guards.

[​IMG]

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Ive never made weapons but when i was in middle school i lived in a couple places that were perfect for little makeshift bases

i used to have this school desk that sat kinda right up against a built in cabinet area. I remember taking construction paper and taping it to the desk and then drawing maximal and autobot symbols on it. I even taped a small styrofoam bowl upside down on the desk too to be like the hologram table thing in the axalon

I used cupboards and cabinets as like a hangar and repair bays.

Lol. Good times! I wish i still had that kind of imagination

16. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I made a gun for ROTF Leader Optimus Prime from old lego parts and stuff around my home. Too bad it broke. :( 

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I forgot to mention superglue caps and containers, but I can post a pic of a missile I made for 2.0 Sideswipe that I modded to fit a Classics Rodimus launcher recently.

I also made this (the handle and mace came from Gundam kits). I used a jewelry chain as well as paperclips to connect the chain to the handle and mace:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you're interested in more pictures of Crasher, go here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/210375-classics-2-0-universe-gobot-crasher.html