Anyone ever have this happen to them (cuz I could use some advice)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brodimus Prime, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seiously. I work at a school and crap like this is always a major worry. Let someone with authority know about this before it gets outta hand, people that pull crap like this thrive on people getting hurt.

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Man, that's ridiculous. I don't really get the virgin thing from people since I'm married with two kids and a third on the way, the most I've had to deal with was just a couple of scoffs here and there. I do agree with Laser Optimus, nervously laughing isn't helping your cause. You are being confronted and you need to confront back. Usually when you push back someone will at least back off and may respect you a little more. If you can't do that, you at least need to report this to someone with authority. It is only going to get worse if you don't do something.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, this type of stuff doesn't bother me at least. At least its better than doing something illegal.

4. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with the above, I actually had to deal with my fair share of on the job Harrassment, although in my case the harrasing party were convicts on work release...

Anyways, either give it right back to them, or document it and present it to a superior. However there is the problem of being a man accusing anouther male of harrasment, which could have consequences, or at least cause rumors.

Either way you need to stand up for yourself, because apparently no one else is standing up for you.

Good luck man.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am so sorry that you had to go through this shit. Dickheads.

6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Ive gotten the razing as well, but most of the time its good natured. I feel sorry for ya bro.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    To be brutally honest, just nervously laughing and then turning away at the molestation comment may have made you look guilty of it. Kinda like you got called on it and didn't want anymore attention to it for fear of persecution. Not saying that you do it, just that that was the worst reaction to the question you could've had. It made you look guilty. I agree with everyone else though, how does talking to a kid about toys equal molestation?

As for the "hole between a girl's legs" comment, I'd have just fired back something along the lines of "So you have such a simple brain that you can't focus on more than one thing?"

If the molestation comment doesn't come back up, then I'd let it go. If it's one of those quick jabs they throw at you every now and then, then I'd deal with it. Just flat out ask point blank how talking about toys equals molestation. He'll probably respond with talking to a kid about toys is a way to earn thier trust and open the door to molestation. If he does, just say "well I guess every parent molests thier own children then just because they talk to them about what they like". Don't be afraid to confront them and just use simple reasoning to show just how stupid they are.

8. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Perhaps it's because I work in an environment filled with tech guys and programmers who love comic books, video games and role-playing games, but I've gotten nothing but positive feeback from people about my hobby.

My cubicle walls are filled with TF art, and I've got a few Alts, a KO Devastator and some PVCs on my desk. People fiddle with them and get a kick out of the KO Devs, as it's usually a big nostagic trip for most of them.

Anyway, be strong and stand up for what you believe. These assholes are not worth it.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although it's unlike most workplace environments ( I know, I played 2 years of community college baseball), it's still a workplace. So go to the manager and let him know of this problem. If he attempts to cover it up or doesn't offer up a solution, take it to the AD. If you get no help there, go to the President of the university. I guarantee that shit will not be tolerated as you go up the line.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot to add that I'm the accounting and auditing profession and while my peers are buying cars etc, I'm buying toys and model kits. Do people give me the look when I tell them about my hobby? Yeah. But do I care? Nah.

The whole approach to this is that you shouldn't feel shy about your hobby.

11. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Or more to the point you should be free to spend your money on what you want, where as they want you to spend your money on the same thing they do, because it validates their lifestyle.

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

While I certainly went through teasing hell all the way from elementary school though high school, it was never about TFs. Those guys are just jerks. Your said you're spiritual so just pray to God for strength to endure and the wisdom not to say anything stupid. And I'll pray too for you.

1. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy hobby be it collecting books, comics, TFs, sports memorobelia or whatever.

2. I've always helped justify my hobby by saying I want to save these great toys for my own kids, cousins, nieces & nephews, someday. Maybe that arguement can help give you some respect.

3. If no adults loved TFs or any other type of toys, we wouldn't have people working at places like Hasbro so that new generations can enjoy even better toys based on the same franchises. It's kids who still love toys their whole lives that grow up and get specialized college degrees to make and design toys. In short, if no one stayed young at heart all the fun would be zapped out of this world.

4. So it's okay for *both* kids and adults to *play* a *game* like baseball but "not okay" for adults to collect toys like kids. That's a major logic hole in itself. Do any of those guys teasing you collect baseball cards?

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What I would have said (and yes, I actually would have done):
    "Oh, I have plenty of experience with 'That Hole', as you put it. Just because the finest tail you've ever been near was on your fucking dog, that doesn't give you the right to judge me by your own '2 holes and a heartbeat' standards. And if you ever accuse me of being a child molester again, sunshine, I'll ram my fucking boot so far up your ass that you'll be shitting leather.
    My hobbies are MY hobbies, and they're nothing to do with you. I collect toys, you talk shit. Each to his own.
    So shut the fuck up and get coaching."

14. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I dont really have this problem as I like to keep to myself and make friends quite easilly, but these guys seem seally screwed up. maybe they are castrated and through frustration have to target someone, just call them Eunuch and see how they react..you never know!!

15. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

That sucks man, You need to take care of this in the right manner and sometimes that hard becasue some people dont take it as serious problem. You need to tell these guy to get over it and leave it at that and if things continue or something happens take whatever action you can. Dont be afraid to stand up for yourself and speak up, just choose your works and becareful and keep the upper hand. This dick are just trying to feel better about themself for their dirty serects.

We've all been razz about it at some point and some worst then others, I've had a few of my friends pick on me about it, harmless fun and even this guy a pub one time and he was a real dick about it and went way to far with it, I dealt with him and it might not of been in the right manner but I sure did shut him up.

When it all comes down to it man be yourself, dont let a few get to you about what you enjoy, its apart of who you are and what you like. Just dont let it go any further casue it has already gone way to far.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Wow, I mean i had a friend tell me I need an intervention, and I get strange looks, however nothing quite that drasticv. I would def go above his and the head coaches head and get that shit knocked off ASAP. There should be no talking about girls "holes" in a school environment AT ALL, and being accused of Molestaion with no proof or reason for that matter? Oh, I would be contacting my lawyer and sending him a nice letter.

17. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Thank you, Fairlady. That means a lot.

As for the whole deal of either punching the guy or picking a fight, that's kinda hard. See I'm only about 5'8, 150. Certainly not the kind of guy you look at and immediately think is a ballplayer. This guy is prolly about 6'3, 220. Not to mention the fact that I'm really not a violent person. I would probably talk to the powers that be before I pick a fight.

It could possibly be that this is this guy's way of just poking fun at the new guy, but I kind of doubt it just by the tone in his voice. All the comments about molestation or women really floored me. How anyone could be serious about stuff like that I don't know. But I have too much respect for women to trade insulting and insinuating remarks like that with him. Odds are the next time he says something I'll just tell him that if he paid as much attention to our players and their progress as he does my hobby we might actually win some games. If he keeps going, it may be time to take it up with the powers that be.

Like everyone else I've had my share of razzing by friends, but I can deal with all that. The fact that it's someone I work closely with is a little different. I hope he's had his sick little fun and that it doesn't continue. All I want is to do my job, nothing more.

I appreciate all your all's help. I just needed to get some feedback from "my people." Thank you all.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

You're welcome. Good luck and God bless.

19. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    Reporting this to an authority shows people you have no balls, and will disrespect you even more. You have to earn that respect.

So yeah. You should take your spiritual self out of the equation, and maybe call him out on his little quirks. I'm sure his has shown as well, so I'd exploit it too. (maybe hero worship). You let that guy know it's no different from being a Star Wars/Trek fan.

And if all else fails, kick his ass. I'm sure God would forgive you.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That dude is one sick fucker.