Anyone ever get those Ebay Coupon Codes?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Mirage232, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how often, if ever, do you guys get those percentage off coupons from Ebay to use when paying for an auction you've just won? You know, the ones that are supposed to be a "reward" for being a faithful Ebay user? I have been a member on Ebay for about nine years now, and I can only think of one time that Ebay has ever sent me one. :inquisiti 

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I've been a member since 1999 and have never received one. You do have to make sure that your account is set up to receive their marketing e-mails in the preferences setting, but if you have received one before, it sounds like your account is set up that way.

That said, there is always MS's bing.com search feature for cashback. Right now it's at 14% which is pretty good. Unfortunately, it's only good on BIN auctions but some of them allow for instant cashback.

3. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Interesting, never knew about the bing.com feature. I will have to look into that, and keep it in mind next time I use the buy it now feature. Thanks.

4. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

I got one about a month ago when they were shooting them out to a bunch of people because sales were down. It was good for any item in a short list of predefined categories. Used it to get Netkid a discount on a video game he had been looking for. It was 8% off. I was trying to fing something decent (TF/toys, etc.) but there was nothing else we were really looking for at the time. Entered the code at the pay for you item screen and took the $ right off.

5. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

The % for MS cash back is 14% now(And you can only use it 20 times).
    I guess the good times will never come, 35% cashback was a blast, the result was a huge number of Ebay Sellers jacked up their prices and listed in their auction on how to get the cashback from Microsoft.
    And there were those crazy auctions that people selling $600 with a $700BIN....