Anyone ever buy any KO BT/Alts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jan 26, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone here purchased any of the KO BT/Alts? I need some figures for kitbashing and as these things get harder to find I'm considering the KO's. How far off from the real thing are they? If you like yours where did you get them from?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Check any of superquad7's "Metals Transform" threads in the Customs forum.

I'm as unartistic as they come, but he's a wizard and they seem to work well for him.

Far as where to get them, eBay is probably the most consistent option, but I think Agesthreeandup.com carried them at some point. And Spencer's great, definitely worth doing business with.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

but Spencer is currently out of the Wheeljack and Prowl ones. he didnt' have the BT Metals as far as I know and the guy that did have them upped the price to more than the regular Alts are selling for.

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    You mean the actual knocks offs of the Takara originals, or the Road bots? I've bought about 4 of the Road Bots, and they would be awesome for custom work. They have some alt modes that are real nice , I have a supra a hummer, lambo and a celica and they're really cool. Got mine off ebay but saw them at TF source too

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No not the roadbots. Since they only come in either 1:18 or 1:32 they're not what I'm looking for (except maybe the 1:18 EVO)> But in general I'm talking about the KO Takaras.

6. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Ive got the Die cast white hound and the plastic Wheel Jack. The white hound was pretty good quality but the WJ was crap in alt mode, but bot mode is fine. Right now Im looking for a KO BTA 01 Alert.. it (used to) exists I just cant seem to find it anywhere

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Quality wise what are they like?

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I've got some of the die cast Viper molds, they're not bad. My only complaint is that they tend to be kind of floppy and not want to stand too well because of the weight (one of the few cases that I probably would have prefered plastic over metal). The plastic can be a little brittle too though, I broke one of mine at the sholder during the first tranformation (the red and white one).

Got mine from eBay when they were all over the place.

[​IMG]

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    sc, thanks for the props man; I really appreciate your kind words :) 

While the member's name who escapes me right now pointed me to this site, I got mine from an ebay seller, "kenscollection". I paid an average of $30 shipped for each of mine, and I think they're well worth that price. I haven't seen any up from him in a while, and that doesn't surprise me as he was having a lot of QC issues with them such as the one from me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you notice in the above photos, not only are some of the legs were placed on the wrong sides (which can be replaced with a parts bot/junker Viper), but the major deal with these that I got was the black part that I have circled. While the alt or bot modes are relatively unaffected, these parts were placed on the wrong legs. While this problem is also fixable, it would be much more difficult and potentially damaging to the toy as a soldering iron would be required to take the pin out. That's not the easiest task with a diecast toy (as opposed to a plastic piece).

QFT. The legs can be very unstable, and the hoods are very floppy in robot mode. Also, the neck/shoulder assembly can be very floppy in robot mode. I found that adding some clear nail polish to the neck plate area can fix this somewhat. Also, the doors on the Jeeps can be very floppy as well. The Subarus' roof is very floppy in robot mode, but I remedy that easily by placing the steering wheel as a prop. :)  Also, the heels on the Imprezas can be very loose, not staying up in robot mode. Some nail polish can remedy that some as well.

However, with KOs, I expect these kinds of issues. In all fairness though (and I've had my fair share of KOs), these are some of the best KOs I've owned. EVER. I say that without my bias towards this line as a whole.

I hope you can check out my custom threads as squirrelcar graciously suggested (thanks again buddy!), but I'll also post some of the alt mode group shots here:

The "official" group shot, as seen often on ebay:

[​IMG]

Group shots of mine :) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    The maufacturer is currently out of stock of the metals ones but I am told they will restock them in the near future. Right now, the Wheeljack and Grimlock are available in plastic but the quality of them is not the best. They are OK in robot mode but do look sloppy in alt mode. The Prowl mold is much better and they have done Prowl, blue prowl and Chinese Police Prowl and perhaps a few others to come. I know they are working on others at the moment but unsure which ones they will release first.

That is about all I know at the moment.

Spencer.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    There's truth in them there words, they are some very good KOs. "kenscollection" does have his own site also, but The last time I looked he had upped his price from $30 to $50 when everybody started buying them, on the up side he does only charge $2 flat rate shipping from Asia.

EDIT: Just checked, he's still got em... and they're still 50 bones. Here's a link. Spenc definatly has the better price! Any chance of getting some of the ones with the paint apps in Superquad7's pics Spenc? I could use a white Hound.