Anyone ever buy a CD from the UK???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarngold, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves<br><font COLOR=limegreen>G Stoned

News Credits:
    I recently bought an Enhanced CD from the band Iron Maiden for my friend for Xmas, and im having issues with it.

-it recognizes how many tracks there are on the disc, and it looks like they are playing but sound isnt coming out of the speakers.

-because its an enhanced CD, it loads something when its inserted on the computer but it wont play because windows media player is playing it or something and says to turn it off and try again.

Can anyone tell me whats going on????

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

yeah, I've got some imported CD's from the UK and other countries. None have any problems playing though. They aren't Enhanced CD's.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will it play on a stand-alone or car CD player? I know I try to avoid playing "enhanced" CDs in my PC because it always seems to create havoc similar to what you've described.

4. Tarngold

News Credits:
    I tried it on my 90's stereo system and thats how i got the no sound problem.

5. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Iron Maiden rules! I hope you get it to work.

6. Tarngold

News Credits:
    Ok, so i cant get it to work the traditional way, right, but i AM able to rip the tracks with no problem.(my friend is going to be doing this anyway so what the hell)

The vids can be accessed through the directory in explorer and can be played on Media player classic, so were ok there.

And after i hit continue on the warning instead of quit, the program filled with all the extra crap boots up fine but wont play the tracks from it, but that doesnt matter because he can just rip them.

So, hes going to love it, and i loved going through it myself. There are so many extra's its crazy:

-2 videos of Wraithchild and killers from "Live at the rainbow"(quality isnt that good though)
    -animated menu system with gallerys of the Killers tour and various pics of Eddie
    -biography of the album itself and how it impacted their career
    -Cover art for the album, and all singles involved with the album
    -a list of places they went on the tour
    -a family tree of each members band history, what bands they were in to what date(that was awesome)
    -a partial discography up to the album after No Hope for the Dying, with a picture of each album and a 1 minute preview of 2 of the most popular tracks from each album(very nostalgic)
    -a password you can use on the maiden website to get into some sort of competition(no clue what this is?)
    -and of course, the audio tracks!

Me, i like Iron Maiden, but my all time favorite band is DRAGONFORCE!!!! :music 

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I buy CD's from the UK -all- the damn time.

8. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too.
    And I don't have to import them.

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Me as well.

As for the Iron Maiden stuff, i've got most of the 1998 enhanced remasters and they play fine in all the CD players i've ever tried them in. I hear that some older players have problems with mixed mode discs, but i've never come across it myself.

As for the computer content, it was produced 8 years ago so don't expect it to work brilliantly on modern setups. Its a good idea to turn off autoplay on you drives as well, its always a pain in the arse and its asking for trouble with the shit that gets put on CDs thesedays.

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    The main difference between CDs from UK and from US is that the UK ones cost twice as much!