Anyone embarassed to play "kid" games for the Achievements?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by flywheels, Sep 22, 2009.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gotta ask this. As any self respecting adult gamer are you embarrassed to have kid games on your list of games played/gamer card? Reason I ask is my wife has set a new rule w/ the birth of our first child only weeks away that I'm not allowed to play any violent game while the child is around...even within earshot. So I was thinking of picking up some more "family friendly" games and stockpiling them if you will so I'll have something to play when my daughter is around. Guess I'll have to stay up late to play ODST and the like very soon!

The fact that some of these family games have easy achievements is also a plus...but I would rather play something fun. I rather enjoyed Bolt & Kung-Fu Panda. Any other not so violent/kid friendly games you guys can recommend?

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I notice a lot of trophy hunters or what ever they are called will rent/buy "kiddie games" ex. Hanna Montana, Ice Age, G-force etc... to boost their trophy collection. This is stupid because who give a **** if you beat those games and at least you get something for them if you do this on the 360.

Does what I just wrote make sense?

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I can't afford to be embarrassed because I play games with the kids all the time.

As for not violent (unless you can't destroying toys 'violence'), any and all of the Lego games are good.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I play "kids' games" (i.e., E-rated games) all the time. I mean, you're talking to people who collect toys here. Don't see the problem, it doesn't make me any less of a man.

Now, LOSING at them as often as I do, THAT makes me less of a man.

5. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

If the Lego games count than yeah, I have played kids games but I am not embarrassed about it.

If those games don't count than I have never played a kids game and never will just for the fact that those games don't interest me and if someone cares that much about getting trophies, it's rather sad. I mean, if you want to play kids games because you enjoy them, that's a different story, but if you hate them but play it just to up your trophy count, go outside.

I love the sound of getting a PS3 trophy but I wont play a game I don't like to just get some easy trophies.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

A game is a game, if it's good, play on.

Anyone turning their nose up at a game because it's childish can GTFO and STFU while they are at it. Jerkhats :( 

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  7. OptimusSpanks

OptimusSpanks Well-Known Member

Yeah some people wrap their head around the whole achievement/trophy collecting a little too much. Back on topic for some fun kid style games. The lego ones are great and sell fairly well so there is sure to be more to come. Grab some racing games or even the Sonic Mega Collection. A lot of the old great Sega classics on there. Or if your wife doesn't want your baby to hear any gunshots or violence pick up a Turtle Beach headset. They have 3 different models and they all are great depending on what you want to pay.

8. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    First time mothers...God bless their little hearts.

and to the question, most of the "kiddie" games are shovelware garbage.

I have nothing against games based on younger age properties or that aren't designed to be serious, but there are a whole host of creative, all-age games out there that aren't locked into the Pixar/Disney rules of conduct.

9. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I have my 8yr old play on my profile for that reason. He got me 600 some points on Bionacle.

Chuck

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Question:

Can't you just move your system to a room where the door can be closed?

I doubt the new born will crawl out of his/her crib to see what you're playing.

11. McBradders

:lol 

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I thoroughly enjoy Kung Fu Panda and G-Force. : /

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Thread needs more Katamari.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you include stuff like katamari and Lego, then yes.

But I won't go out and rent or play something like Avatar or a disney game just so I can boost my points up.

15. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We converted the 2nd living room downstairs into my game room (only space large enough for the plethora of systems and arcade machines I own) so it's basically open. I'm hoping though while she naps upstairs in the nursery I'll be "allowed" to play on.

I agree w/ Twin Twist. If the game is good then I don't care what demographic the game targets. As I said earlier and really enjoyed playing both Disney's Bolt and Kung-Fu Panda. The fact that some of these games have easy achievements...well, that's a bonus.

I just wanted to have some recommendations of games I can pick up and hold on to for those moments I'm not able to play Halo and the like.

16. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering about G-Force...guess I should play the demo I have sitting on my HD. Ironically my wife wants to see that movie so bad too!

17. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i'd be embarrassed to play any game just for the achievements...

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like eveyone has said if it's a good game play on but you can not tell me games like Hanna Montana, Monsters vs. Aliens, Fritz Chess or G-Force which I consider "Kid Games" are good games. I guess you could through Transformers in the conversation too. I have games like Lego batman/Indiana/Star Wars, and Flower which I guess could be considered kid games but are made at a different quality and are good IMO. Now if you playing the other games just to increase your Achievements for your e-peen then more power to ya.

19. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Not at all. Gamefly and some easy ass kids games mad me the man I am today!

20. McBradders

I'd be embarassed to pay for them to do that, but nabbing a friends copy and putting a few lunchtimes in to getting points and, gasp, maybe even having fun is no bad thing.

I only regret playing King Kong, that game was shit.