Anyone else's Leader Movie Prime breaking at the ankles?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by David Hingtgen, Jun 21, 2008.

1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    ::edit:: Found out it was my silver paint marker---it REALLY doesn't like the blue plastic on Prime. I've used that same paint on dozens of TF's over the years, never the slightest problem. It also has no effect at all on the grey plastic. But the blue? Darn near eats it like acid. Sigh. "Pen-Touch Silver" by Sakura.

On a related note--anyone know of/have a broken leader movie Prime that I could get the lower inner leg part from? It's the same in all versions AFAIK, it's just a solid piece of dark blue plastic.

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i used testors enamel and thinner and it cracked my leader prime like nothing

3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Anyone know if there's something up with movie Prime? I've never had any paint have any issues with a TF (and I've been painting them since RiD). But now there's at least 2 "common paints used on TF's" that are eating away at Prime. The plastic SEEMS like "normal TF plastic".

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I use Borden's Painters (acrylic) and Sharpie Permanent Paint Pens. (oil based, I'm guessing enamels perhaps?) Both work quite well and no plastics damage. Cures fast too. Dry to the touch in 60, cured in 24. I love 'em. A Godsend for touchups. Oh, and it's the thinner that does most of the damage, not the paints. Although, you do want a paint that isn't acid based. As long as you follow those two rules of thumb, you'll be fine.