Anyone Else Worried About Generations WheelJack?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    like I said, it's really not a lot of money, and it's the only classics Wheeljack we're gonna get. Maybe that doesn't make sense to you, but it makes more sense than holding out for them to "do Wheeljack right".

You can understand having mixed emotions about something right?

2. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I was of the opinion that these neo-G1 figures were hard to transform... but I took Tracks to work one day and transformed him back and forth several times. Then I did the same thing with a few other molds. I am now able to transform any classics TF easily without damage in less than 45 seconds.

If anyone else out here has a lot of free time at work, try this method. It will greatly increase the enjoyment of these figures.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ i do that with new figures as soon as i get them at home, don't have time at work, but it does help with the enjoyment of them, every figure gets a minimum of 10 transformations before settling down on the shelf

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

You know what, I LOVE the new Tracks. He's definitely not the best figure out there, but he's MUCH better in design than, say, the Universe Prowl mold (much as I like him and Bluestreak, I was fiddling with them last night and was reminded of what a dumb design for the doors they both had, plus their legs never look/sit right). While I think Tracks' chest is a bit too big, it works fine for me.

I'm TOTALLY looking forward to Wheeljack. Since I'm pretty cool with Tracks in hand, I know I'll be happy with WJ once he's out and about.

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Some people will complain until their favorite character is a Masterpiece, and once it is they'll complain because they can't buy it for 20.00 at their local WalMart.

...and in the unlikely even they do buy it for 20.00 at their local WalMart, then they'll complain because WalMart do less Masterpieces.

But in short: 12 bucks. Get over it.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    quoted for truth, this wheeljack will be pretty much a perfect representation of him minus the rounded windshield, and you can bet someone will retrofit the g1 windscreen somehow and sell it casted or through shapeways or something

and wheeljack being my favorite of the 84 cars, and tracks of the 85, i'm still not worried

7. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    While I aggree about the stubbyness, I really like my tracks and I'm really looking forward to wheeljack.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not really that bothered, Wheeljack is supposed to be shorter than the other autobot cars anyway.

9. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

i saw something in the radicons recently were someone did a simple thing to extend his waist so he looks less stubby

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tracks is no shorter than a handful of other CHUG deluxes (Hound, Rodimus). I take issue with anyone implying that Thunderwing could be made to look big! The figure is a midget!!!

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I find it interesting that the OP hasn't posted since before the comparison pic was posted. I would like to see his thoughts now.

12. Mr.ToyFan

Mr.ToyFan Well-Known Member

All I have to say is that Has/Tak is doing awesome work with the characters we love. And yes the feet on Tracks are a little awkward but when I recieved my reprolabels, their were two decals for Tracks' feet and I have to say they added depth to this area. All in all he's a great update to a classic character. Let's not hate let us appreciate!!! I mean seriousley it's Tracks, WheelJack, Scourge, Wreck-Gar, etc, etc.

13. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The head, wings, and rocket launchers/wrenches are all on the same sprue in the mold, so I'm willing to bet the wings WILL be remolded on the final release. It'd be downright silly to remold those main things on the sprue and NOT remold the wings...

14. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

I was expecting to be not impressed with Tracks, but I really like him now that I have him in hand.

15. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was his last reply to this thread..

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was concerned and even less interested when I initially read of the rumors that the Tracks mold would have a double use for Wheeljack. Wheeljack is much like Trailbreaker in that he's not gotten a whole lot of love over the last ten years or so. I felt that Energon Downshift was close to a good figure, but the design aesthetics of the time plus the gimmick really took away from that figure.

Then I had Tracks in my hands and the first thing I thought of was how clever certain things were done to be able to make it into Wheeljack.

Ever since then, I've been looking forward to owning Wheeljack while enjoying Tracks at the same time :) 

17. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Wheeljack much like Trailbreaker? In between G1 and Generations Wheeljack has received an Action Master, spychanger, a name use in Armada (though for a toy that's more a Sideswipe homage), homage in Energon (Downshift) which lead to a version of the character in Cybertron, and an Alternators/Binaltech toy. In contrast, Trailbreaker before his RTS Legends "Trailcutter" has received one, a spychanger named "Ironhide" due to trademark issues. Oh, and a reissue in Encore. Compared to Trailbreaker, Wheeljack has received way more love.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    True, but that misses the point of my post. I'm certainly not disagreeing with what you've posted, but my point is that both characters haven't had as much attention and as many toys as say Prowl even, let alone Bumblebee or Optimus, and are certainly due a "Classics" update (as in not a Legends class figure like "Trailcutter").

One can go back through the '84 and '85 classes of character and see the ones that have gotten a ton of toys versus the ones who have gotten a few. Prior to this year, neither Wheeljack or Trailbreaker had a hint of an updated toy.

19. Tracker Hound

Tracker Hound Banned

I'm worried that Wheeljack is shortpacked

20. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    While I do like the toy, I have to agree with the original poster about him looking a bit stubby. His windshield hanging over his crotch and some of leg makes him look shorter than he's supposed to be. If the windshield was shorter and exposed the rest of the midsection/legs, he'd be a much better figure, aesthetically speaking.