Anyone Else Worried About Generations WheelJack?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 31, 2010.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I got RTS Tracks yesterday. Disappointing to say the least. One of the worst of the
    Classics/Generations/Universe/Henkei/RtS line.

One word describes him best: STUBBY

WAYYYYYYY too short. He makes Darkmount and Thunderwing look like Voyagers. Back kibble is a floppy mess. Arm articulation is nonexistant because of the wings/wheels.

This figure should've been great. Instead it's a sad, sorry mess.

Because of this and the fact that they share a mold, I'm worried about what Generations Wheeljack is going to be. If he is too much like Tracks he will be disappointing as well.

It would be a shame for such an anticipated character like Wheeljack to turn out like the RTS Tracks figure did.

2. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To each their own.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    wheeljack is na rettool fo tracks (sorry)

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I dig my RTS Tracks. I'm kinda curious how they will pull of the leg thing for Wheeljack.

5. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope not worried at all. In fact I'm very much looking forward to both my TF United Tracks & Wheeljack. :D 

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm the only one who dislikes this mold? I'll be glad if I'm the only one who's a little worried about this. I'm glad that all of you like you're RTS Track figures.

I want to like this mold I really do but, when I look at him I see a short, stubby, mini-me version of what Tracks should be.

Maybe this mold will grow on me.....and maybe Wheeljack will turn out to be better the same way Blurr turned out better than Drift and Skullgrin was better than Darkmount.

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    He's not stubby at all. In fact, he's just fine, brilliant toy, like he got taken straight out of the screen

8. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

You're not the only one who didn't like Tracks. I didn't like this mold but I believe I will like Wheeljack mainly because of the reversal of the leg/feet gives kind of a more G1 feel to me.

9. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Wow, really? After fiddling with him recently, Tracks is one of my FAVORITE Classics figures. He does so much right, with a very fun and fluid transformation. The car looks great, the robot is spot-on. The fact that the mold works perfectly to make both him and Wheeljack is just icing on the cake. Can't say I agree with your assessment at all, OP. I'm excited for my United figures to come in.

10. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

I had RTS Tracks and I really liked him, but I think that for Tracks the mold was a little stubby looking. I think the stockiness will suit Wheeljack just fine though. His G1 toy was very stubby and ape like with his super long arms, and in the 'toon he wasn't exactly slim or tall (both of which Tracks was). RTS tracks is a good figure, but since I only collect one of each mold I sold Tracks off to make room for Wheeljack.
    Now I'm just waiting to see the paint apps for the United version to see if it has the green on the chest like the show or if its just a nicer version of the Generations one. If they don't add the green then the Generations one is fine by me.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I actually like Tracks a lot too. I wasn't particularly fussed about him when we were first shown pics of him. But in hand, he's brilliant. And surprisingly, Wheeljack looks like he will mint too.

12. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    I just hope he's knees can bend a lot more than Tracks'. That was the one disappointing thing about Tracks.

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, this is my only dissappointment with Tracks. Other than that, I think he's a fantastic figure and looking at him lined up on my desk with Classics Mirage, Silverstreak, Jazz, Ironhide and Hound, he's about the same height as them with Hound being slightly shorter and Streak being slightly taller.

I honestly cant wait for Wheeljack (one of my fav 'bots from G1). I've even TF'd Tracks into WJ's configuration a few times and it just makes me want WJ more.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Definitely to each their own. I love Tracks, it's a fantastic mold. I wasn;t too happy abut Wheeljack being a emold of Tracks but they really have ade it work much better than I thought it would. The only thing I'm worried about is knee articulation for Wheeljack. It doesn't look like they retooled the legs to take Tracks' knee pads off so I'm doubting WJ will be able to bend much at the knee.

15. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

It's possible you don't have the legs extended all the way? I like Tracks once I'm done transforming him, but the process of actually transforming him irritates me to no end. That back end is just a mess. I'm a little better with it now that I've done it a few times and actually used to it, but jeez, epic fail on the design.

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Tracks is amazing and Wheeljack will be even more so.

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

^ This

18. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, different strokes and all that. I think Tracks is one of the best new designs.

19. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    There will be little knee articulation for Wheeljack, but I'm guessing they'll remols it slightly, they'd may aswell, since the head is so perfect.

20. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

i thought tracks came out great and cant wait for wheeljack