Anyone else wishing for a Third Party IDW Stealth Bomber Megatron figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I'd get the design unless it was done really crappily, regardless of manufacturer.

2. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

No, not all. Never liked this design.

It just doesn't look like a TF to me. More like DF took the proposed G2 Megatron (the later BW2 BB) and merged it with a Gundam. It also doesn't really look like Megatron (besides the small pinhead). All the pointy parts make the design look fragile to me. Also, all the purple energy thingies look bad IMO.

I'd much rather see a 3P make a leader/MP sized IDW Cybertronian Megatron (Stormbringer, Autocracy). That is the way I want Megatron to look. Very G1, instantly recognisable as Megatron and with a look that just screams power.

And also designed by Don F

Attached Files:

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see any new B2-based Transformer, and Megatron is as good as any. An updated G2 Dreadwing is equally fine.

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

God a megatron as anything other a bloody stupid hand gun would be good from 3rd party. From Hasbro, I'd like something that looks like something not we've folded up some parts, now he's a space ship rubbish.

So yeah I would buy this if made well, I like Megatron as a tank better though.

5. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

I would buy this on sight. In fact, it might even be the first I intentionally buy two of.

The only reason I wouldn't is if it had horrible QC. Other than that, bought on sight. Preferably a large Voyager or Ultra size class. I would like him to tower over most Optimuses. and most of his Decepticons.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    In a word: yes. Cool and unique design.

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anytime that Megatron actually transforms into something as opposed to a made up Cybertronian spaceship, I'm on board.

8. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the other third party companies that are making megatron? I only know of Hegemon.

The G1 fan in me likes the design, but the comments that the plastic swirls look crappy, and more importantly the fact that I cannot get around the ULTIMATE Evil Transformer switching to an outdated gun model but is able to fly without any engines or aerodynamic build whatsoever gets me. He needs to be some form of flying vehicle with a massive gun!

i cannot think of any megatron that I really thought was appropriate. The movie megs look awful, the Animated Megs was ok, but was in the specific aesthetic, the Prime megs is also specific in aesthetic (meaning it would be hard to accept it crossing lines), so I am starving for a strong looking, reasonable alt mode megs that is painted in metallic color!

9. Have A Cygar

Have A Cygar Well-Known Member

I grew up during G1, and have always been a fan of the G1 designs, and have always liked Megatron's G1 robot mode. But even as a 12-year-old, watching the cartoons for the first time, I thought the fact that Megatron went from towering over all of his compatriots to becoming a handgun that Starscream could hold was absolutely ridiculous. Even with the huge amounts of suspension of disbelief required to enjoy Transformers, that always took it just a little too far for me. So, I would welcome a great Megatron design that doesn't involve him turning into a gun.

However, I'm not 100% on board with the IDW design. I don't hate it, but I do agree with Max and some others that it's a bit too Gundam-esque. I also think that the most appropriate alt mode for Megs is a tank.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no thanks, not a fan of it, animated made classics, sure

11. badoptimus

badoptimus ......

Yes, I would like that too, along with that Cybertronian Megs and the HoS. They would go well together.

12. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Other than the Robot head. Nothing on this IDW Stealth megatron looked anything like 1984 Megatron.

The IDW Stealth Megatron. wasn't that great in either mode,so no thanks.

If 3rd party toy companies are fixated on doing megatron toys. I prefer they picked better art designs or previous toys.

3rd party megatron toys i'd like to see. 1991 Battle stars Super & Ultra Megatron. 1984 Gun megatron. 1992 Generation 2 tank megatron. Beast Wars TM2 Megatron that is more sleek,less kibble & no rubber parts. Hearts of steel Megatron.

13. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

If you want a good gun megs just get the toyworld version. That things pretty acurate

14. KhaN

KhaN Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want this Megatron more than any other figure ever.

So please hasbro, give us this badass Megatron as a voyager or deluxe....something. Just make it.

15. misterRo

misterRo Member

IDW Megatron exist... kind of!

Just exchange Black BomberĀ“s (BW2 version of Dreadwing) head for that of Hero Megatron, they have the same plug and screw system. Then you will have the G2 Megatron that should have been....

Attached Files:

16. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Thant is pretty damn impressive.

17. misterRo

misterRo Member

Thank You! :D 

18. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    if it's leader size then all of my yes.

19. misterRo

misterRo Member

The figure is voyager size; more or less the size of DOTM Megatron. I think it was sold as a leader because it included de "Starscream" figure, which is a deluxe.

20. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    heh, i was referring to a new-mold stealth bomber megatron. yours still looks cool though.