Anyone else wish there was some post DotM fiction?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Daimao, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other 2 movies had lots of filler in between, mostly in the form of comics from both IDW and Titan, plus those cyber mission shorts. I loved the comics, especially the UK ones, because they made full use of the toyline only characters. Lots of cool DotM toys like Skyhammer, DarkSteel, AirRaid and the HA scouts won't get a chance to be fleshed out. I'm just wondering why IDW hasn't done a minisereis yet. Maybe because 4 is too far away and their worried it will contradict? Plus no hype to back it? I just want some kind of story that takes place after the third movie.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I don't get why TF4 isn't good enough.

3. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    because its not until 2014, I would like something to hold me over. why the attitude?

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I didn't realize I had an attitude.

5. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I just want something more about the Wreckers. :D 

6. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah I love the Wreckers, I would welcome some comics about them since new bots don't always carry over to the next film

7. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    I want more stories about Sentinel and Optimus during the war before Sentinel made that agreement with Megatron.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I suspect we'll hear about some tie-in comics shortly. They usually come out a few months before the movie. The announcements might come out of SDCC?

9. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    because back then DOTM was going to be the end of ALL of the movieverse fiction, thats why we didnt got post DOTM fiction

but who knows we may get or may not get a post DOTM comics

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There should be something like it after they get the script done for TF4. I assume we'd see some comics around late 2013/early 2014.

11. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure, I do. But I probably wouldn't read it. Too many other things keeping me busy.

12. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

DOTM was supposed to be the end all of the movieverse. Decepticons were all wiped out.

Now they're continuing but since they still haven't made it clear exactly what TF4 is going to be (reboot, or same universe but far in the future, or just unclear at all) they can't really make comics about anything.

It was easy when the cons were still around and NEST was hunting them and there was only a year or so gap between films. But they can't do that anymore.

They don't know where the new cons if any are coming from. And they don't know if TF4 is going to be 30 years in the future or something.

13. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    they already confirmed what tf4 is, its a direct sequel to the past 3 films, its not a reboot, bay confirmed it recently

14. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about all the cons seen launching pillars from all over the planet? Some may have survived and are in hiding. Thats why I liked the Titan comics better than IDW, they had small casts with small missions, that way the chances of the next movie contradicting them are smaller. I don't need some end of the world, universe changing plotline.

I'm sure we'll get something as we get closer but we have a 2 year gap insted of 1 this time. I'm just impatient. Guess I'll have to use... my imagination!

15. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Don't you remember when that guy cut in front of you at the store and grabbed the last Leader Class Sentinel Prime? His proctologist is still probably wondering if you could have taken it out of the box first. You got demons! :Gouki: 

16. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

I'm probably reading too much into it, but Sentinel's death seemed to hint at a continuation of the story. Just before Optimus killed him, he looked like he just realized something important, and no, not that he was fucked. It was a "could this be?", kind of look. We'll know in 2 years.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Considering how abrupt the ending of DOTM was, less than two minutes or so after Sentinel died, and how short Prime's speech was considering it was meant to be the end of the series, I definitely wouldn't mind a post-DOTM series by good old John Barber to wrap things up for now until 2013 (when the prequel material will inevitably start going into production as well as the film).

Sort of like The Promise, a three part series after the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender, that wraps up Airbender's story, and gives some hints that bridge into The Legend of Korra.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nothing exists because it should be the end....even if the ending just unbelievably sucks.