Anyone else want Rainmakers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Computron34, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I was able to pick up Acid Storm and Galvatron yesterday, and after reading Acid Storms bio, i was really intrigued about his belonging to a covert group called the Rainmakers. Do you think there is any chance we will see more?

(hopefully not in a Botcon exclusive set. I still haven't forgiven you for the other seekers 'Bro!!)

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Eh, I just want Sunstorm and I'll be happy.

3. newguy

newguy i

Maybe not the same mold, but that its sounds awesome. Rainmakers? It reminds me of a heavy bombing, so mabey a fleet of bumbers with little scouts such as Acidstorm

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Gimme Sunstorm and uh...Blizzardstorm? And I'll be happy.
    DN

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not really. I may get Acid storm to repaint, but as it stands I don't see why they would keep using that mould. How long will the mould hold up after so many releases and repaints? *remembers Bendy Prime and Nemesis prime*

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd love for Hasbro to give us at least one more Rainmaker and Sunstorm, if not both of the remaining Rainmakers and Sunstorm. If they don't I'll more than likely kitbash them (it's what I've done for the other Seekers). They could put them in Target two packs with Red Alert and Smokescreen retools/repaints of Silverstreak and Sideswipe, and I'd still be happy. Then have Wheeljack be another wide release retool/repaint of the Sunstreaker mold.

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only care about Sunstorm, but if they make the others I'm sure I'll get them just to complete the collection.

8. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I'd buy 'em.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I want more Seekers!!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    As do i

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind. I'd be better than customizing my own. Plus, with Acid Storm out, i'd prefer that they complete the others as well, for completion sake.

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all for more rain makers but hasbro needs to mix it up. Maybe a reain makers with the cone head but starscreams wings or vice versa

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Well with dirge coming out in the voyager cyb starscream mold. (target 2 pack) I'd suggest they use that for the other two rainmakers. To lesson the mold degradation on the classics version which some people have reported as a possibility after noticeing some issues with acid storm. (can't recall specificly) To me it would get some more heavy units in the mix and make it a little easier to display all the seekers at once if a few are taller.

my 2 cents.

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it would be weird to have one rainmaker in earth mode and the other two in cybertronian. Though I would have went for all three in cybertronian mode. Though a lot of fans hate the mold i would dig cybertron thundercracker as a rainmaker

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

If they use the superior Ramjet mold, I might pick them up. Do them as the Starscream mold and meh.

16. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

I'd buy them assuming there are only two more to complete them. I'm hoping one of them is Sunstorm (Finally).

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm still surprised that Hasbro gave us a rainmaker before we got a Sunstorm... UNLESS IT"S PART OF THE 2009 BOTCON SET OH NOZZEEESSS!!!!

Either way I'm a sucker for the classics starscream mold.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sunstorm isn't a Rainmaker. The other two are colored yellow and a blue-ish gray. Sunstorm was inspired by one of the randome colored seekers that was orange. Unlike the random seekers, the Rainmakers actually had a real reason for being on the show, though till now none of them had names. Personally I'd much rather see one or both of them be made from the Ramjet mold. Not only would it be weird for two of them to have Cybertronian alt-modes, but even weirder that they are Voyagers while Acid Storm is a Deluxe. That and I'd rather have a little mold degeneration than buy two of that mold. One for a kitbash is enough for me (though I would consider buying it in Skywarp colors).

19. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    classics starscream is my favorite mold they can repaint him till the cows come home

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I don't really care about the actual "Rainmakers," per se, but I DO want more Classics Seeker repaints. Primarily Sunstorm, but others would be welcome too. If they have to call them Rainmakers to shoehorn them into G1, that's fine... but I don't think they should be limited by it. I'd love to see some randomly-colored NEW-character Seekers.

Sadly, I doubt the Classics Seeker mold will hold up to much more re-use. I hope they squeeze out a few more before it is too degraded. I wonder if Hasbro makes spare, backup molds for Seekers, knowing that they have a high chance of being repainted? I doubt it, but it would be nice.