Anyone else tired of "firing" weapons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaddicus, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Grapple has a weapon.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Grapple's crane arm doubles up as a tonfa. If you've ever seen Choryujin or Horyu in King of Braves Gaogaigar, there's some great ideas there for how to make that work. Seeing it along the length of his underarm makes me think Choryujin every time.

Heck, all else fails, he can use the thing as a battering ram.

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i for one hate projectiles. if it wasn't for the fact that i like to keep my options open on selling the figures i have, i would've glued em all in.

4. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I really don't care much for projectiles, but they generally don't make that much difference to the toy in the end. I dislike electronics more.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

grapple's not defenseless he has that giant CRANE that can be used to whack people with, lol

or be used to scratch his own back? :lol 

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    That's what I imagine ;)  I mean, no one complains that Drift doesn't have a gun, right? Grapple has a big-ass Tonfa/poking stick. If he somehow looses that in a battle, I am QUITE SURE his fist can do the talking. I mean, damn, his name is GRAPPLE.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The only time I dislike firing weapons is when they start wanting to stop being loaded into the guns. I've had to tape on missile in my Movie 1 Prime's gun because it simply does not stay loaded anymore, and ROTF Dirge can give me fits.

Otherwise, I'm fine with missiles as long as I can keep track of them. They can be a pain when it comes time to actually find them, though...

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    if the missiles are unique enough I suppose that isn't an issue. What I normally do is group them by series (like Armada, Animated, for example), so as to not having to sort out a giant pile.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    You would be wrong.

Anyways, I don't mind firing missiles. Hell things like Animated Swindle and WFC Megatron's launchers having that powerup/ready to fire feature are friggin' awesome.

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I agree. I take a figure's batteries minutes after transforming them for the first time and checking out their lights and sounds just because.

Projectiles I can tolerate, if only for the fun they provide shooting my cat every once in a while.

(disclaimer: no animals were hurt in the act of shooting said cat. She plays with the missiles afterwards)

11. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I hate firing missles. I don't even care at all. Usually, I just throw them on my desk when I open a new toy, where they become lost in time lol. Sometimes I just don't care to the point they get thrown away with the packaging. I much prefer just some cool guns a la recon ironhide. The only firin missles I have kept were ones that are imortant to the toys look. (Classics seeker mold)

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I liked how the old school missiles looked like missiles. As in, real missiles. The new ones like like a long skinny plastic hot dog shoved in the end of a cannon. I'd rather have the old school ones or no missile at all. Just a plastic gun that does not fire.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the new clip on weapons are a bigger hassle for me than the projectiles.
    i am so worried that i am gonna lose them- like if i were to pop one off of Tomahhawk, would i notice or even find it?.

projectiles are ok.
    until someone loses an eye or chokes on the one that Boba Fett shoots down yer throat, lol.

oh, yeah, the new projectiles like Inferno's water blast, looks more like blue spooge than anything. more fun to be had, eh?

14. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you on this. I just got a HFTD Hailstorm that has 8 of those hot dogs. For this one, it doesn't look bad until you turn it into a robot and look at it from the side. I would have preferred molded in non-firing missiles. Many kids lose those missiles, and some parents just throw them away outright.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rather like the firing projectiles, although I don't tend to launch them much. Either I've been very lucky or, more likely, am careful enough with my toys that I've never lost a missile or had one go AWOL for a time. And I sort my missiles/parts by toyline when I pack stuff up, so I've never gotten them mixed up either.

I do like that we've been getting some more unique, non-firing, weapons lately, though. Darkmount's pickaxe, Terradive's trident/spear, Bludgeon's swords, Highbrow's miniguns, the clip-mounted weapons in general, etc.

The safety issue has nothing to do with how powerful the launcher is. They're more safe because the larger size of the missiles (and launchers, to some extent) makes them less of a choking hazard.

16. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    this is like asking disco music to give up the flashing shiny light bouncing disco ball of love

FAIL!

17. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i hate missels. i would rather see guns feature a little flash light feature. though that would up the price to a figure.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    some are ok, others are way too big, the look of hailstorm's missiles ruins the figure for me

19. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I honestly am confused about the first sentence you wrote. you don't like the current projectile firing weapons but want them to return to the old school weapons. PROBLEM IS THE OLD SCHOOL WEAPONS ALSO HAD FIRING PROJECTILES,NOT ALL BUT A BIG MAJORITY.

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Agree. No offense OP but this is another manchild bitch thread. These are toys. Most kids enjoy firing weapons. I keep saying this. "If Hasbro catered to most of the complaints and suggestions to the older fans and collectors, the TF line wouldn't be that successful today."

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010