Anyone else tired of "firing" weapons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaddicus, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Would it be such a bad thing for Hasbro to ditch the projectile firing weapons and go old school? Not too mention, I think they all make the weapons look terrible and thus usually leave them in a bag stowed away. Would it kill someone if the kids actually used their imagination these days? Whose with me! Start a revolution!

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    You answered your own question

3. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

I agree.

For the love of god Hasbro STOP IT. They fire at random times, they're useless, and the worst part, you can't take them out because that makes the weapons look terrible.

4. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Old school Transformers, to use your term, also had missile firing weapons.

5. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

On some level,I must concur that old school weapon@accesories does pack quite a punch.with ample imagination,that is.

p/s starting to miss G2 gatling missile gimmicks

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't know, the firing weapons are pretty cool, and they tend to not distract from the figure at all, lately.

so i say, i can live with it lol, it's not a big deal either way.

also, after looking at the 2010 line, i'd say, they have already cut down on those, as they tend to come with just large guns now lol

so i'd say you have nothing to complain about.

and if you are complaining about firing missiles, which have been around since g1 *even if they did remove the springs in most of them, the missiles were originally meant to fire* then you are in the WRONG fandom lol

because missiles have been a part of transformers since the first 13.

also; about "old school" they have gone old school, they've gone with less guns, and more melee, you can't get any more old school then that. ;) 

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I like firing weapons.

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was never a fan, even as a kid, but I can't say I mind them to much. Except for the projectiles that look like flames or water, I despise those.

9. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    This. Nope, not tired of firing missiles at all.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

For the vast majority of the time I always leave the weapons in the package. It's only something else to lose.
    Plus, a lot of TF weapons don't actually look that good. Probably because they have firing devices built into them, and as a consequence they are often too bulky IMO.

I'd be more than happy for my figures to have weapons that didn't fire and looked good. But the Hasbro and TakTom do like their gimmicks, which is why I don't think we'll see it happen. Look at the electronics in leader class figures. They do hamper the design of the toy, whatever anyone says, and I think the same is true of most weapons.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    They can stop automorph, they can stop lights and sounds, but Firing weapons is one of those that will probably stay.

I agree it makes the weapons more bulky, but its not completely true, as the basic firing mechanism (a spring and a plastic holder) takes no space. I agree that it is just something extra to loose, its better if they just have a painted armory, etc.

12. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No.

13. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm 32 and i like spring loaded firing missiles. my kid and i love obliterating both autobot and decepticon armies. he's the sharpshooter, i'm the reloader. such fun.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Like hell they do. With the exception of a few missile features that help the overall look and astetic of a figure (EX: The Classic Seekers, Armada Demolishor, etc.) there are a ton of weapons that look much, MUCH better without the projectile. Classics Rodimus, Universe Inferno, 07 Ironhide, RotF Mudflap, RiD X-Brawn and Sideburn and Universe Galvatron just to name a few.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    if you are tired of firing weapons why don't you just unscrew the weapon and take the spring out? then you can load the missile without having it accidently fire.

16. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Haven't been a fan of missile launchers since around 1992 when all the GI Joes were packaged with monstrous missile launchers.

But, being toys marketed to kids, I doubt including them will cease; kids and Nacht have too much fun playing with them.

17. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

I hate firing weapons.. really hate the flame/water ones. They just make the weapons to unproportioned for my taste. For instance I wish the seekers would just have cool looking laser cannons instead of their single firing giant missle. So glad the newer figures are coming with real weapons(blur, kup, etc)

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    To answer the OP's question: no.

19. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    My favorite example of this is when Snake Eyes would come with a giant missile launcher with a grappling hook on the end... the thing was bigger and taller than he was!!

20. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You don't know what you are talking about:
    - there were "firing" weapons (spring loaded) since the very first figures
    - they were indeed more common there, as a character would include not only1, but a few of them

Anyways, I agree with you in that I don't like them. However, it's not a big deal, I just take them off. For example, my armada military minicons look better (to me, you might disagree) without them. beast wars Silverbolt (the fuzor) however does need them to look alright.
    That reminds me he is a big case of spring loaded dickery: So you realize there is this switch to make the wings flap, you pull it and TO-TOING!! 2 missiles (spoons) fired in a 90 degrees angle. You will be lucky if you find them. You will be VERY lucky if you weren't doing it while staring at silverbolt's face...