Anyone else think this is best version of Megs yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 5, 2008.

1. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFA Megs would win, but it's really an unfair comparison. BW Megs, along with all other BW characters were purposely downgraded in order to conserve energon.

2. ponycorn

ponycorn Member

I like G1 best, but TFA Megs is winning me over too. In a cartoon, I'd say he's my second fave, with G1 being my first.

If we are going for an entire multiverse fave list mine goes thus:

IDW Megs
    War Within Megs
    G1 Megs
    Animated Megs

I'm right there with Thundersmaker on the 'Con loyalty, but hesitating to agree on the whole religious quest bit.

I'd like to think of TFA Meg's motivation for getting the Allspark as similar to WarWithin Meg's wanting the Matrix. Not out of religious zeal so much as veiwing it as a tool for his own purposes. Secular, power hungry, my-type-of-Megatron, purposes.

From the fangirl side, Animated Megs looks very good in his new Earth robot and alt modes. The beating spark thing? I just about passed out! Voice, looks, charisma? TFA Megs has it all!

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think nostalgia is the only thing that makes me prefer G1 Megatron. It's kind of like always having a place in one's heart for Adam West's 1960s portrayal as Batman. Welker was great 20 years ago for that style of character, and nobody but Welker can play a G1-styled Megatron.

This new Megatron, though, is FANTASTIC. I hope never to hear the words "Decepticons, retreeeeeeeeeeeeat!" again. I like so much that he's finally a villain that has some credible sense of threat.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I think TFA Megatron would be near perfect if he had a voice more akin to G1. I don't hate Burton's version, but I still don't necessarily like it either. I just prefer Megs to sound a little more tyrannical and "a-typical villain" - ala Welker - and really don't like the calm & calculating characteristics that have apparently become a mainstay since Beast Wars.

That said, TFA Megatron is definitely my favorite rendition of the character since G1. But that's obviously due to the design & colors.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Hard to say.

Beast Wars Megs is probably my favorite, but the Animated incarnation is really something else. He is cold, calculating, brutal. Everything a villain should be.

They are pretty much even to me.

6. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

This Megs is better than G1 at least.
    No offense to Frank Welker, but he was fit for that version of Megs. Unfortunately, it's more likely remembered by the Decepticons' most popular battle cry "Decepticons, Retreeeaaaaaaaaaatt!!"

7. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Dont forget he dosent retreat every 5 seconds.

8. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

G1 Megs always retreated because the Autobots were WAY more powerful than TFA Autobots ATM.

9. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, he retreated because Prime had MORE Autobots than Megs had Decepticons. I'm using 1984 only as an example, but The Autobots were always generally weaker fighters than the Decepticons, but they outnumbered the 'Cons two to one. I mean outside of Megatron, the Seekers and Soundwave, the Decepticons had warriors no more powerful than a typical Autobot.

10. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Umm.. TFA Megs gets to the point. I had respect for both Megs and Prime in there first battle, then, Prime sucked after that. This megs has been pure evil the whole time. After this last battle with Prime and Megs, I respect Prime a lot more. He is doing what he has to do. I like the way the writers and taking this story. This megs is way cold. Besides nestalga, TFA Megs is my fav. Well, I do like the IDW version.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Strangely enough, while I recalled this thread and recently referenced it, it would seem that I never posted in it.

Anyway, it's fun to read the posts before the end of the first season where people debate how cool the bodyless character was, and still ranked him highly. Personally, yes, this is my favorite Megatron. He has that great mix of strategist, thinker, warrior, and leader that is all too often out of balance in his previous namesakes. Yes, he is my favorite, eclipsing BW Megatron, whom had been my previous favorite.

Oh, and bump. It also seems fitting to move this thread back to the forefront given the Shockwave and Lugnut (!?) appreciation threads.

12. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This is my favorite Megatron. I mean, he actually killed Starscream (if not for that AllSpark fragment). None of the other Megatrons ever killed Starscream, they just kept kicking him out of the Decepticons, then welcoming him back in, while this one KILLED HIM, then tried to kill him AGAIN numerous times, and now the two of them are STILL FIGHTING EACH OTHER while trapped in Omega Supreme.

That alone makes this Megatron awesome.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Animated Megs is the best one ever.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFA Megs is bad-ass to me in at least one way. His character's voice when not in a fight (all that time with Sumdak as a head) he spoke like a psychiatrist. calm, never raised his voice really, talked to Sumdak to the point it was almost like coo-ing.
    that was creepy.

He didn't have the hiss of BW Megs.

G1 for life, IMO. but TFA Megs is one i would not want to deal with at all.

15. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    best one next to BW i just love him yessss

16. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we saw more of him yes.

17. AMG

AMG Old School

For me he ranks 2nd, technically.

1) G1/BW Megatrons tied.
    2) Animated Megatron.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Him and BW Megs are tied at the top for me. They're both ambitious enough, smart enough, and they both have fantastic characters. IDW Megs... I don't see how people can really comapare. G1 Megs... lol. Arm/Eng/Cyb Megs... WTF? Movie Megs... he's cool, but he never really got enough spotlight in the first film to see his entire character.

19. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    TFA Megs is best of the series, but IDW Megs from Infiltration ETC is just badass. He frags a supercharged SS then slags half of humanity

20. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That would make him third, technically.