Anyone else think Blast-Off should have been a fighter jet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vmagnum, Jun 11, 2011.

1. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Just pondering; it would be a wiser choice to make it a fighter jet,or any aircraft. Surely would pass better than a space shuttle? 'Combaticons' be better representated then

2. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When someone says Blast Off I think Space Shuttle. Him being a Space Shuttle has many Spy uses for him and the military do do that. Jets are used by Superion so it clashes since they usually went against each other.

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

tell that to the designers of power core 5 packs :lol 

4. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Spying function is justified,but not on the issue of clashing. Blades would have clashed with Vortex more, if that's the case. And Superion seems to square off more with Menasor, IMO

5. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    plus isnt he the team "transport"? with the whole g1 mass shifting

6. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I say that I group in the other continuities like Energon, comics, toys, and others to come up with that. :lol 

Well those are a different sort of era and design goals. But those repaints did have the out of place limbs.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm okay with it. I used to think that a stealth jet would've worked better, but there aren't too many combiner teams that feature a space shuttle (Landcross being the other). Planes are very common outside of Superion. Liokaiser boasted 3 of them, Landcross had 1, and there's also Strafe of the Technobots. And I believe that NASA is considered part of the US Air Force anyway.

8. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Again,justified. yet again, clashes are irrelevant. on the contrary, it would have been intriguing. analogically, it's something similar like having optimus fighting nemesis prime

Landcross had 2, Mach & Wing I believe. But yes, your points do stand in this case. Space shuttle needs the love eventually; only thing is that it sort of ruined that perfect 'combat' mode in the team.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apart from that Season 3 episode when one of the Battlechargers rides him like a horse :lol 

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's very, very wrong. NASA is the result of a successfully-waged bureaucratic battle in the 1950s to prevent the USAF from being in charge of all space operations. Military operations in space do occur, but they are very hush-hush and low profile.

That's why we don't have nuclear-armed space stations in orbit.

Anyway, obviously the Combaticons are a bit of a weird group, but IMO that's part of their charm. I can tell them apart, unlike the Constructicons. And their redecos the RID Decepticons devoted one of their funnier episodes to "Blast-Off's" high-flying ways.