Anyone else Super Dooper excited about the new Encore tape dudes?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by n_tel_ekt, Apr 8, 2009.

1. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I cant believe they put Ratbat, Steeljaw, Slugfest and Ramhorn all in one package! And I can afford it!!!

Its just a little suprising that they included 4 animal tapes... instead of 2 animals, 2 robot dude types...

Cassettes were one of the coolest things about TFs back in the day but I could never get anything TF back then... So I just watched the show..Anyway, being able to get these now is very exciting for me, and Im sure, for a few others as well.

Anyone thing theres a possibility of a 3rd Encore Tape set??? If so, wanna speculate as to which??? Its a pipe dream I think, but i'd be nice if the remaining ones get a release...

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I think it's all animal cassettes since most of those 4 are pretty valuable (Ratbat alone can go for $90 vintage complete). I myself only really care about Ratbat, so I'm waiting for the SDCC Soundwave set, which has Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, and Ratbat all for $50.

3. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I'm not Excited about it .... seeing that I have all the originals .

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah the obvious availablity of a SDCC to HTS.com reissue soundwave has killed my need for cassete reissues.

Also ratbat is a really hard vintage tape to get since his wings are so breakable.
    But he's the 1986 movie additional tape.

Though if we could get a slamfest and squakbox takara reissues....It would be a must buy in one box. This is a custom box tfw radicon: PrimulArchangel made.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even "zaur" one of the rare japanese dino cassetes would be nice to see reissued somehow.

5. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Yes, yes... And did I mention my eye lazers are aimed at you in hatred! But they dont seem to destroy you like I planned... Phasers must be set to stun... Damn, those Red Shirts, jackin with my stuff again! :lolol 

6. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Wow, thats freakin TIGHT! Man, I'd love for this to be the next tape set (if theirs one)... And the mention about the cost of the vintage Ratbat is the main reason Im so excited! I'd likely never get one if it wasnt for this set (including the others in it... I know they arent as expensive as Ratbat, but they aint cheap)! And the Soundwave with casettes is 50, BUT you have to attend and travel to the convention which is pretty expensive right?)

And yea, those Japanse Dino's is a long shot, but its a nice thought!

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Being SDCC its likely going to be like the last three years and mosts of the soundwaves will be going up on hasbrotoyshop.com a week after the convention.

So you do have a opportunity for that ratbat. As to how much of one this particular figure is going to be monstrously popular. Note that sdcc2008 universe nemesis prime and titianium skywarp are still avaiable at hts. :thumb 

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope we see some nifty ehobby cassettes again...

9. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

I'm delighted! I have only come back to the hobby in the last few years, and besides the tapes which came with TFC Blaster, I don't have the others in this set and just like Big Mission #1 I'll lap it up. Sweeeeet. Quite frankly I'll buy any G1 stuff that Takara reissue - I love my oldskool bots - so the more harder-to-find stuff they put out, the happier I get :D 

10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Anyone have a link to this announcement and/or know what the price will be for the tapes?

I have a pretty nice vintage Ratbat and two junkers (missing their ears). I must have sold my Slugfest at some point, though I do still have his guns.

11. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

I would guess they'll be about $45, like the Big Mission #1.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're still up for preorder at TFsource I believe; I'd guess BBTS too or other places like Toy Arena.

I'm glad they're making the cassettes, though I do wish the price on each set was a little lower.

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Not anymore. Well, at least not the regular priced ones. They're all AFA graded.

I kept putting off buying the Nemesis, now I'm stuck asking people for theirs! lol

Anyways, yes. I'm very stoked for these cassettes. I hope they come with gold weapons, though.

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    I have a MISB nemesis prime that i would sell ya for $40 shipped....