Anyone else sick of Adult Swim?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rodimus Prime, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously, their shows have gone down hill. Does anyone find these things entertaining? Sure the ones they bring over from other stations are good, but all of their original material has only gotten worse. 12 Oz Mouse, Tom(insert whichever title you wish here), Lucy and the Devil? It's like they're trying to kill the station off.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Honestly, been a couple of years since I watched Adult Swim, let alone CN. It went downhill then, I can only imagine it's much worse now.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I'm just eagerly awaiting the next season of the Venture Bros.

Also, I still enjoy ATHF as well. But all in all, AS really needs to bump their quality back up.

4. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

I agree exept for The Venture Bros. that show rules and we will be geting season three in June.

5. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Since they got rid of Futurama now, I don't really have any reason to watch it.

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I watch metalacalypse, boondocks, ATHF on occasion that's about it. The rest of their shows are all reruns, old anime, or pure shit.

For example, that "awesome show" thing(whatever it's called), are people really entertained by that mindless garbage? It's just dumb people doing dumb and random stuff. It's not funny, it's not exciting, it's mindnumbing. Like if youtube vomited up an ugly illegitimate child, that would be it.

Harvey birdman and sealab 2021 were pretty funny, spaceghost coast to coast was alright on occasion, mission hill(I think that was the name of it) and home movies were pretty cool, but now it seems like half their shows are just fart jokes.

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whole channel has been downhill for a while now, but there's still little glimmers - like Metalocalypse and The Venture Bros as mentioned, and now the regular programming has TF Animated, so it's not totally shit just yet (imo)

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

they seem to cater more to the stoner crowd than they used to, cuz now aqua teen is the "sane" show compared to the others lol

i think metalocalypse is funny and lucy has its moments.

but its still a better line up than anything else on tv other than nbc's thurs. night

oh and as of tonight,american gladiators.......

9. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    That'd be why it seems so retarded then, rather than "cartoons that aren't really for kids" like it used to be.

10. Bumble Prime

yeah....... i miss sealab.........

ive been a viewer since day 1, hell i used to watch cartoon planet and i saw the venture bros. pilot when it aired like in 98 i think........

but im pretty sure shows like 12 oz mouse and tim and eric are just being aired to flaunt their power. which i kind of like lol

kind of a social commentary embedded in the programming of the fact that just cuz its on tv we will watch it. Very post modern lol

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Now that Birdman is gone there's only one original show on AS worth anything, and that show is Venture Bros! Seriously all their new shows are just downright awful, I'm talking UN-watchable.

I can't wait for the return of VB, but other than that AS (now in it's Futurama-less state) is getting no play 'round my TV.

12. Bumble Prime

honestly though..... venture brothers is so good i would sit through all the other shows to watch one episode of it.....

13. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, and ATHF are very much worth watching, but I only watch those when they come out on DVD. Can't remember the last time I actually watched Adult Swim (I'm talking years).

14. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    I dunno about social commentary, I'd just lump it in with the same pile of crap that is tech tv.

15. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    needs moar korgoth

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The 12 ounce mouse shit is atrocious imo.

17. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    ATHF (God we need a new season), Venture Bros, Metallocalypse, and Boondocks are all great. I watch Tim and Eric Awesome Show as well. I really like that show, even though I can understand why most people would think it's just retarded.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hell the whole network has gone to shit. Only two Adult Swim shows I watch on there: Venture Bros and Robot Chicken. As far as the entire station goes, I only care about three additional shows: Naruto, Ben 10, and Transformers.

CN has gone from good quality shows (well they were classic 80s cartoon and good normal cartoons) to going for cheap shows that can be cranked out in no time. All that shit looks exactly the same and isn't the least bit funny.

I swear once Naruto, Ben 10, TF: animated and such are gone I have no reason to ever watch them again.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ATHF, Metalocalypse, and Robot Chicken are the only 3 AS shows I can think of that have been even remotely funny to me for years now. Shite like Tom Goes To The Mayor and 12 ounce Mouse just prove that some people really do have no talent at all.

20. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I was a big fan when it started, but everything is unwatchable garbage now. Especially that Tim and Eric and Metalocalypse junk.