anyone else,selling their reissue G-1 galvatron "IF" the MP version gets made?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Nov 30, 2010.

?

What will you do with your 1986/reissue galvatron IF the MP galvatron gets made?

1. Yes,I'll be selling my reissue/original galvatron IF the MP version gets made

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. No,I ain't selling my original/reissue galvatron,IF the MP version gets made.

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. I'll keep both the MP version & Original/reissue version in my TF toy collection.

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

IF takara makes MP Galvatron.........

I'm selling my reissue cartoon acurate colored Galvatron the minute I see the first proto type/test shot pics of Takara MP Galvatron.

IMHO,Once that MP Galvatron toy gets released. it'll make that 1986 galvatron mold so inferior & obsolete.

I'm a super poseable TF buying fan. the ability to have a super poseable version of 1986 galvatron TOY in MP toy form will just be priceless.

for me there's no reason to hold on to the limited articulation version. when I could sell it & use the money to get the MP Galvatron toy.

I noticed a bunch of internet TF fans sold some of their original G-1's & reissues. due to the classics/generations being super poseable versions.

I wonder if any TF fan will sell their 1986 original or reissue galvatron IF the MP Galvatron gets made.

2. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Not me. I think most of the g1 molds are rediculous and obsolete but, they are still the g1 figs I got as a kid to play with, what I later started to collect growing up, and what I still hold onto, probably forever ^^

3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    The Reissue stays, be it with/without a new MP Galvatron. :D 

4. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I'd never sell my G1 colours Galvatron. His voice chip is awesome, I love making him rant away in Japanese.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I

don't

know

what

to

do

*Insert poll here*

I can only hope that a masterpiece Galvatron is indeed made.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't sell older versions just because a new version is made. Both can be equally appreciated for what they are.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

blah, i still have my g1 prime and megatron, even after the MP, and other various toys that are far 'better'. why would i be getting rid of Galvatron, or any other figure just because a new toy of them came out?

besides, galvatron is still an amazing g1 toy, and it actually has some articulation, more so then many g1 toys had at that time.

everytime a new Duke comes out, does the Gi joe collector replace his old duke? NO, because that'd be just silly. and redundant.

did you replace your g1 with the energon one? or the classics? probably not, lol

there are 1000's of optimus primes out there, did you replace it everytime a new one was announced? what about bumble bee? cuz that'd be a HELL OF A LOT OF replacing with a "new" version... just saying :lol 

8. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    I personally dont see the point, if you took a while to get it and only just find out about the newest product and you JUST gotta have it and are bored with the new thing that you just got, thats being compulsive.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i still need to acquire a G1 Galvatron to complete the Megs/Shockwave/Galvatron trio.

but even when i get him, i won't toss him aside for the MP Galvatron- part of collecting is HISTORY.
    knowing where i came from, where these things came from and appreciating the evolution.

my best friend has only removed certain figures from his SW collection- like all those muscle bound versions of Luke and Han that came out in the 90's...but only because they were totally inaccurate when he bought the newer better waves. But most of the figures he has from the 80s he has kept.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

besides; it has 15 points of articulation, what more do you want from a g1 toy? :lol 

11. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    No idea what his blabbing about but he still sounds insane!

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, but I would like to get the purple repaint of the G1 Galvatron though now that you mention it.

14. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I don't like buying repeative updated homages based off the same character.
    to me that's worse than buying repeative repaints based off the same mold.

I've taken drastic steps in my TF collection to reduce all the repeative updated homage based off a singular character.

examples: I don't think the new mold bumblebee toys are that great. I got rid of the TF Animated & classics 1.0 version because there basically the same & based off a boring generic car. I'm satisfied with the reissue key chain bumblebee,the deluxe 2007 new camero bumblebee & the HA $29.99 bumblebee.

further examples: I always felt optimus prime gets horrible toys,only a small faction are made decent. I got rid of the armada & energon leader sized prime toys because I didn't like them. while the 1.0 voyager version was decent I got rid of it because the 2 pack has ultra magnus & skywarp.
    I didn't like the 1.0 deluxe prime & megatron,So I got rid of them. energon deluxe prime was another mold I hated. animated had some horrible prime toys like the 2 deluxes & the supreme version. THE ONES I KEPT were the cybertron leader prime,Rid leader prime,MP Prime,igear faith leader.

15. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I never looked up translations because he's probably saying something inane about destroying Autobots or some such.

I like to wind up the girlfriend by having conversations with him. I use my extremely basic conversational Japanese and he gargles, bwahahahas and iiieeeees back to me.

I should probably find something more productive to do with my time.....

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I love how crazy that lavender brick gun is. Oh Galvatron.

17. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I won't be getting rid of my original Galvatron, no. He's a piece of shit as a toy, but he is my original piece of shit from back in the day. An MP version, however, will have to be utterly STUNNING to find its way into my collection since I care VERY little for the character.
    MP Megatron's shoulder, upper arm swivel, double elbow, lower arm swivel and wrist joint and hand articulation all wanted me to let you know that they found that absolutely hilarious, and suggested that you go back and look at your original again.

19. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I don't think I'd ever part with my reissue Galvatron. It actually exceeded my expectations when I bought it. Awesome reissue.

20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I already sold mine without a MP version lol