Anyone else see or hear the MH-53 choppers in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by uruseiranma, Aug 1, 2010.

1. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A few hours ago, I heard this deep rumbling outside my apartment window (16 floors up, I am), and wondered what was going on, since nothing ever makes the room rumble like that.

When it happened again, I looked outside just in time to see 2 MH-53 choppers pass over the building.

I figure these have to be for something that was shot for TF3...could they be more choppers like Blackout and Grindor, or are they the good guys? Any clue?

(sorry, but since they didn't return, I didn't snap any photos)

2. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

maybe they are just Military or NEST Helicopters.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    It sounds both likely and unlikely.

In before "ZOMGG BOTHES THE GRINDOR AND BLACKOUTZZ!! TEH NEW DECPETEHCON TWINSESNS!"

4. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's funny! I heard them coming yesterday and went outside to see. I'm in St. Marys, Ohio, about an hour north of Dayton (WPAFB is in Datyon). The geek Transformer Fan in me said 'Cool, Blackout and Grindor.' I never considered they might be headed for Chicago! They were most definately headed due North West, they must be the same two you saw. Obviously, it could just be a coincidence, as far as them being for the movie, but how often do you see MH-53's fly over? Not saying they're Blckout or Grindor, mind you; but if they can re-use 'molds' in ROTF, they can do it in TF3 just a easy.

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

6. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uruse, i also posted this in the other thread , 'chicago incident', and again here, of course i'm not certain if they even use these choppers.

Obama's birthday is wednesday, he'll be in chicago. Normally they do routine flight patterns when a VIP is in town yah know? precautionary things.They usually land at soldier field and then the convoy drives to hyde park where lives. Though i hope it's for the movie! who knows.

also, the air show was in rockford illinois this past weekend.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That could be possible, but these guys were flying over our neighborhood in the Lake View/Lincoln Park area, and normally, the airspace is usually heavy with planes in the air, and they don't even shake the windows like these guys did.

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Also, just maybe these were being used to film?

Unlikely, I know, you'd use something much smaller but, IIRC, from the first movie DVD extras, the military just let Michael Bay use loads of their stuff.

MB - Yeah, I need to get some overhead shots of this explosion.
    Mr Military Dude - Hey, Bay, why don't you just take the Pave-Low?
    MB - Really? Sweet.
    Mr Military Dude - Cool. Explosions are sweet.
    MB - Bump it.
    Mr Military Dude - No, we don't do that.