Anyone else REALLY dissatisfied with the last movie ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Vincymon, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

The first Michael Bay movie got me with novility. I know most g1 fans didn't like it, but since I wasn't around in 1981, I never got into g1.

I totally digged the new look. I loved seeing the new cgi design, and I used to spend hours trying to figure out the transformations in my head.

The second movie was cool. We got to hear more chatter between the decepticons, and the transformation of Devastor... was EPIC.

But this movie.... was boring!
    I don't know if it is just the novelity that has worn off, or if its because Michael Bay just got lazy.

I AM a huge transformers fan, but I didn't enjoy this.

The first movie had the Entry of the Autobots as an epic scene.
    The second movie had the transformation of Devastator.

But for me, DOTM, has not one particularly impressive transformation scene.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

So, you're disappointed because there wasn't some epic flashy transformation?

Plus, I don't really see how DOTM is boring. One of the best things that movie did was keep me entertained.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

No, not really. I thought DOTM was a vast improvement over ROTF and what it lacked in what you define as "epic" moments it made up for in much better use of CGI robotics overall (Laserbeak really shined here) and a more coherent plot.

4. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I disagree, TF1 was boring has hell, the film did not even get started until Megatron was unfrozen by starscream, and even the city battle was underwhelming, for a transformers film, TF1 was a borefest and lackluster. Even optimus himself was feeble at best, the onlt redeeming quality about TF1 was? Megatron kicked ass. I do not care what anyone says, but I do not get the love for TF1, it is very hard to sit through at times, the slow build up was horrible. When I watch DOTM, it makes TF1 seem like a piece of shit

ROTF to many problems to even go into, but I will say one thing, not enough optimus prime for my liking

DOTM fixes the problems I had with 1 and 2, far more action than 1, the action is balanced than ROTF, the twins are gone and replaced with 3 badass wreckers, we get the real optimus prime, and we get a villain in sentinel that we did not get in ROTF that not only was not only awesome, but he kicked optimus's ass. The only problem with DOTM was? Megatron is hardly in the film, apart from that, DOTM in my view is by far the best transformers film of the 3. DOTM is that much better than the first 2, it is not even close. That City battle in DOTM from start to finish not only blows away the TF1 city battle, but it makes the TF1 city battle seem so dated now. If Megs had more screen time I would give DOTM a 9/10

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This, except I would counter that DOTM contained its fair share of epic moments (seeing the trailer for the first time, "time to find out", etc).

6. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    DOTM was a major improvement over the first sequel. Still flawed but I had fun watching the movie and the 3D was spectacular.

2nd one was just full of perverts.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, sorry. What I'm reading here is "there wasn't an impressive transformation scene in my opinion so I was really dissatisfied with the entire movie". It's fine if you didn't like DotM. A lot of people didn't for both legitimate and illegitimate reasons. It is a flawed movie after all. You're entitled to your opinion on the movie. :)  But DotM had just as many impressive transformation as the previous movies. And there was just as much "chatter between the Decepticons" in DotM as there was in RotF.

8. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

DOTM did not have any epic moments, lets go through optimus's epic moments

Optimus's first scene when he first encounters shockwave, when he drives while shockwave starts bursting his way through an old warehouse, and when shockwave collides into optimus, and we see the first look at the tech optimus gets with his truck.

The way optimus fly's into chicago and destroys the driller, and then when he returns kills a bunch of decepticons, and then shockwave is one of the best kills and most iconic kills in optimus prime's long list of decepticon victims.

The way Optimus rips out Megatron's spine and skull

The scene when the autobots leave earth, the entire scene is awesome, and the score when the autobots are about to leave earth is brilliant.

the scene when the wreckers rip apart a decepticon when they return

the highway scene is perhaps my fave and epic scene in the entire movie, the score is epic with a capital E.

You say the film is boring, the highway scene starts in the first hour of the 2 hour 35 minute movie, when the film really gets going. So for 1 hour and 35 mins, the film is a complete all out war between the decepticons and the autobots with the humans. I could go on, but I just highlighted some of the epic moments in DOTM. The build up apart from the first scene with Sam and Carly is very well paced

You talk about chatter between decepticons, DOTM was the only film where we get the decepticons of Megatron, starscream, soundwave and lazerbeak all at once discuss their next move. We never got that many decepticons at once talk about their plans.

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    DOTM was easily the best of the three movies. Although it's still not what I would love to see as a Transformers movie.

10. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    DOTM felt like an actual G1 film, minus the human subplots aside from Lennox, Epps, Simmons, Dutch, Dylan and Mearing. The only necessary human characters.

11. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

I don't know....
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions but it just didn't do it for me.
    And as for cgi.... to me, devastator was more pleasing to the eye than soundwave. I think it has to do with the colour palette. The colours on devastator, brought out his awesomeness more. That is why I guess I was not as impressed with soundwave.
    For example, I would have loved it if they drew out the doomsday part of the movie longer.

Heck I wouldn't mind at all if the movie had ended with the decepticons taking over, and the autobots going into hiding.

The autobots arrive back on scene too soon after their dramatic disappearance.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    /thread.

13. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    agreed

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I appreciate that you respect people will have different opinions, I've seen too many threads where the OP refuses to accept anybody thinks differently then they do on a subject.

And it's interesting you mention colors being a major thing in why you like Devestator and not Soundwave. I for one have an opposite opinion, since Soundwave being rather bland in color is part of his disguise as the car Dylan gives Carly, and while Devestator looked colorful he was a disapointment in that all he really did was eat half of a Great Pyramid and then get defeated by his own mass when it teamed up with Earth gravity due to his arm getting shot off by a near-literal deus ex machina. But that's just my thoughts on the topic and if you like Devestator more because he is (admittedly) one of the coolest things the movie Deepticons ever had, then more power to you.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes.

The Ending with Optimsu offing Megatron in 10 seconds ruined it for me completely.

16. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Yea, and when Ironhide died, I just stormed out of the movie theater.

17. Redsonjustin

Redsonjustin Banned

I felt like leaving after his death.

18. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found DotM to be very boring, so boring it put me to sleep.

19. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i found myself disapointed with all three of the films in the transfomers movie series

20. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Dissatisfied with the last movie!? I was dissatisfied with the whole damned trilogy.

out