Anyone else pick up Super Hero Squad for the Wii today?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sideswipe80, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got it on my lunch break. Looking forward to playing it with my wife when I get home. The manual said some characters have up to 3 alternate costumes. Spidey has his black suit I saw on the cover of the Wal-Mart version. Looks like Spidey and Cap are among 10 unlockable hero and villains. I saw Nightcrawler in a vid online. The four player battle mode looks fun as well. Wish it had online though. I’ll post more once I get to play tonight.
    Anyone else pick it up? I needed a good family Marvel game to play with the wife. Plus it’s a good way to introduce my 7 month year old daughter to the Marvel Universe.

2. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was eying it up this morning to get for my son (and myself). I just wanted to see if the Wii version would be easy enough for him or look at the PS2 version.

3. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    From what I read from the manual, it seems like the only time you have to use motion is when performing a combo after 3 successful hits. It seems pretty easy for the Wii controls. Once you unlock everything the manual says there are 15 battle arenas, that’s more than I expected. I really can’t wait to try Surfer and unlock Spidey, and hopefully the Gamestop version has his black costume. I know the Wal-mart version does, along with the US Agent suit for Captain America. A little over an hour till I get out of work ugh. I know my wife is gonna use Hulk and Thing, she thinks they’re cute lol.

4. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

So, how was it?

5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    It's a fun kid game. It's like a baby MUA2. Seems most characters have 3 costumes. There are over 20 playable characters. I've unlocked Mole Man, Ms. Marvel, Storm and Thing so far. Camera can get kind of wonky. But I'm enjoying it. The list of villains that are playable are a nice selection. Crimson Dynamo, Sabertooth, Magento, Doom, Abomination, Juggernaut, I might be forgetting someone. On the heroes side you have Spidey, Nightcrawler, Captain America, Ms. Marvel, Storm, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Falcon Wolverine. Wolverine has his classic brown and yellow costume which can be unlocked and damaged costume look. Spidey I believe has a black costume, in the Wal-Mart one I know he has it I think from the start. You need to find 6 tokens to unlock him in the game. I have 4 so far. I’m enjoying the game. It’s kiddie, but fun. The battle mode is pretty fun. Haven’t played too much of it yet due to trying to unlock all the characters.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder if I can play it with my 4-year old.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I ended up grabbing the PS2 version over the Wii, given the price difference ($25 vs $45).

I've been playing it with my 4 year old. The camera is beyond frustrating, but for the price I paid I cannot really complain. My little guy seems to enjoy it.

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Have you unlocked anyone yet? It seems certain combinations unlock certain characters. I’ve unlocked Spidey by grabbing those 6 secret tokens. I only have Mole Man on the Villain side unlocked. I only paid $39.99 for the Wii version since I don’t have a PS2.