Anyone else notice the price Jacking at Target? Deluxe figures Generations and DOTM!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Jan 20, 2012.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I have been to several Targets and Deluxe figures for Generations and DOTM are now $12.99 each.

To a lesser extent Walmart raised Generations deluxe prices to $12.48 in my area.

Has anyone else seen this?

Why the sudden 33 percent price raise at Target on Movie Deluxes?

They were selling Movie deluxes for $9.49 since late October and as low as $6.99 for Generations and DOTM a week before Xmas.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aside from the aforementioned times around Christmas when they were on sale, Generations and DotM Deluxes have had a regular price of $12.99 for months now at every Target I frequent. No price-jacking, just the holiday sale(s) are finally wrapped up and things are back to regular price.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's not "price jacking" to return something closer to its normal retail price.

Yeah, I picked up some Deluxes from them for $6.99 just before Christmas, too. That was a freaking great deal.

But it's called having a sale. $6.99 wasn't normal, nor meant to be the new regular price going forward.

4. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

i shop at every target in my area. there is this ONE target that sells generations figs for 13.69$

5. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Figures regular price was $9.99 at all of the Targets around here since DOTM dropped. Walmart is still selling DOTM figures for $9.88 around here. They only raised the priced on Generations figures from $11.88 to $12.48.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Okay.

7. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    Same here. The price was $11.99 on DotM and Gens until recently, then they put it up to $12.99. They're starting to rival TRU for outrageous prices.

8. Will Trans

Will Trans Well-Known Member

As said previously, this is basically just a case of reversion back to standard pricing.

If you want them at a discount you do have several options:

1) Type in desired Dark of the Moon toy into Google shopper and compare prices.

2) Use RetailMeNot and get coupon codes for discounts on Hasbro's website, Toysrus, K-Mart, etc. Through this method I was able to get Ultimate Optimus Prime at a major discount for $56.88 at K-Mart.com, I mean seriously you can't beat that price.

3) Search local area for different prices.

If Toys R Us has the buy one get one 50% off definitely jump on that offer as I have on some of my DOTM toys. Still, for $12.99 it's not a terrible value at all given that Marvel Universe figures are tiny, don't offer any cool transformations, and go for nearly the same price or more in some retailers.

9. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

That's odd- Generations was listed on the pegs at my local Target for $9.89 last Sunday. When it rang up for almost $13 at the register, my wife spoke up and the cashier changed it to the price we stated saw without questioning us.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This happens every year. After Christmas retailers jack up the price to MSRP and before you know it, they're back to what they were before. No reason to get excited.

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Okay.

The retail price for deluxe has been $12.99 since midway through 2009, when ROTF first launched. Hasbro first released them at Botcon at that price. Stores did this for a bit, then dropped the price to around $11.99 ($11.89 was the norm in my area). This has fluctuated depending on what was out and when for the last couple of years. But the $13 price point is actually the real one. As what has been mentioned, the after-Christmas sales have gone away, and like every year, the figures have moved back up to whatever was normal...last year I think they just moved deluxes back up to $11.99 instead of the full $13. This time it's $13.

The ones that bug me are the Cyberverse. One Target has the legion class at $5.99 (all others at $4.99). But the commanders at most targets are now $8.99. Walmart still has them at $7.99, but we'll see what happens. Usually these prices will fluctuate again, but this is a new year.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That is some great advice

...except for the buying Ultimate Optimus part. :D 

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Yes the annual post Christmas price "increase" thread. The price increase is merely the sales that are perpetually on the figures from august-september through the holiday season ending. It happens every year.

14. Will Trans

Will Trans Well-Known Member

:lol 

It's a good toy! I would have liked to have seen Hasbro release the Takara Striker Optimus Prime at least for a better alternative but despite the liberties it takes with the mold, Ultimate is still a pretty darn fun and playable toy. I've also begin customizing him paint wise which is making the figure really look a lot better.

15. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I'm close to being priced out of collecting period. Sooner or later we will be staring at $16 a figure price such as with the DCU figures.

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The DCU figures is some places are at $17 now.