Anyone else not really impressed with the Prime RiD line so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Just wanted to see, out of those who do own the Prime RiD line, are you impressed?

For me, I have opened Prime, CJ, Wheeljack and Soundwave so far. While they look really nice, that is really where they stop for me.

I am extremely disappointed in their lack of articulation in comparison to the figures in the FE line. Seems like the ariticulation is blocked by all the kibble or something else on the figure.

Also, the holes in these things are pretty annoying as well. CJ arms and Primes legs are the best examples.

Then you get to transformations, and I may have to play with them more, but so far, I haven't enjoyed transforming one of these yet.

Lastly, the smaller size is definately a turn off. I mean the Voyagers are oversized deluxes and the deluxes leave a lot to be desired. Next to the FE line, CJ looks like a midget.

Also please don't get me started on OP weapons. WTF are those things. Yuck.

What are your thoughts.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's too soon to slam the entire RiD line, because for all we know, the remaining figures will be excellent. But so far, yeah, unimpressed.

3. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...I like 'em

4. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I so far have only managed to get CJ and Wheeljack, but Wheeljack is awesome. He has plenty of articulation and can pull off some cool poses. CJ is ok, the hollow legs and arms are kinda meh.

5. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty impressed by Soundwave. He's got issues in the legs, but I'm just so surprised they managed to so solidly nail the character in plastic form.

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I hope I can get Soundwave really soon.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    *looks at the Botcon pics of voyager Starscream and Skyquake*

Nope, see no reason to be worried after all the redos of the FE characters come and go.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This. Plus Arcee and the Vehicon are huge steps up from their First Edition counterparts.

9. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually like Cliffjumper the most out of all of them. His arms are really the only negative, and its for the weird elbow not the "hollowness". I think the deluxes at least are all pretty great except for bee.

The Voyagers I am definitely not impressed with though.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I just got through transforming Megatron. Not fun, not fun at all. I like the figure as a whole though and the articulation is pretty good over all. If you don't like moving panels in specific order to transform him, you will hate him.

Like I said, these make nice display pieces since they look like the cartoons, but Transforming them, and some of their articulation leave a lot to be desired.

11. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I like this line a lot.Their transformations rock, and they're overall good looking figures with good playability.

I own all of the FEs, and they're nice, but shit, these are still solid toys.

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I disagree with you about Wheeljack, Alucard. His transformation is fun and he looks fantastic in both modes. Prime has got to be the best line I've played with since Cybertron. Every character that gets put into the Prime lines turns out awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if you eventually eat your own words about the Prime line.

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'm not overly impressed.
    I only have my sights set on a figure or 2.

14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the first few waves I'm only looking for Wheeljack and Soundwave. We still have plenty of waves and characters to go. The new Arcee and the new Vehicon are at the top of the want list.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I will give them a second, third and fourth chance just because they look so nice.

There is something that just happened that I don't like though. Megatron just got floppy on me after 1 transformation. The ball joints on his legs maybe fine for a deluxe, but not sure for voyager.

By the way, this is the RiD line I was talking about the FE Line had more articulation that I could see. At this point, I don't dislike these figures, they just leave me unimpressed.

Need to see FE Bulkhead, Prime and CJ. I think those are done better, but have no clue since I haven't played with them yet.

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I don't have them, but from what I've heard many are inferior to the FE versions, which is really a shame as the FE versions were cancelled in the US for the most part.

Also, I am disappointed we aren't getting the Microns the Japanese toys have. All in all I think a lot of us are getting screwed. Only one toy is better than the FE version (Vehicon), some are on the same level (Arcee, Cliffjumper), and some are just plain worse (Bumblebee, Optimus). The toys that are new molds are good, like Soundwave and Wheeljack, but of course there is nothing to compare them too. No bar was set.

I'm only really looking forward to Knockout and Airachnid, but that is because I'm low on cash. If I had more I'd most likely pick up the brand new characters that weren't in FE.

17. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Even though the character is a PITA , it's hard to not like Wheeljack's toy at least.

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Buying Cliffjumper, wheeljack, prime, and all the legions after reading all the hate I was pleasantly surprised on how these toys aren't not as bad as people try to act.

19. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not as impressive as the First Edition line at the moment but it is too early to diss the line. Maybe in the next couple of waves, there'll be a bunch of amazing figures to make up for the ones people disliked or were disappointed with. Some PRID figures are amazing, some are decent, others are plain horrible (the piece of unacceptable shit called PRID deluxe Bumblebee being "others")

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with you on Megatron. He looks pretty good in bot mode, but the transformation and alt mode are kind of meh. Soundwave OTOH I really dig. Super lanky, Laserbeak's nesting is amazing, and the only thing I can think to dislike is the calf kibble. Well, and the size maybe. He'd make a great voyager. I'm trying to go 'con only for the line though so I can chime in on anything else yet.