Anyone else NOT miss Airachnid?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only to make up for it by attacking Starscream and letting him go. Why? MOAR REVENGE!

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    She didn't know at the time that Starscream killed Cliffjumper. If he didn't blab it out in the first place she wouldn't have attacked him.

3. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Except that Airachnid was their target anyway and somebody has to go after her. I wouldn't call that disobeying orders and Optimus does know that Arcee usually can take care of herself. If he and Bumblebee weren't dealing with who knows how many Insecticons, I'm pretty sure they would help Arcee out on taking her down if they need to. Since the Insecticons seem only to be recently hatched, they're not as strong as the one that fought Megatron in Crossfire nor the one that Arcee had a brief skirmish with when she and Jack went to Cybertron which therefore Optimus and Bumblebee for the most part, actually had little to no problem with dealing.

4. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Airachnid's a horrible character. She can go away forever.

5. GuardianAngel87

To me, she is actually justified in attacking Starscream when she found out about him killing Cliffjumper. He is her closest friend from what we can tell and the Autobot Arcee fought side by side for many years. and we all know how she will react once she finds out on which she does need to eventually for the sake of story and if I find myself confronting somebody who is responsible for killing my closest friend, I would do the same.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Airachnid ruined everyone's life. Arcee and the entire fandom.

Honestly If Airachnid was never created, Arcee wouldn't have gotten all my partners are dead on everyone and second she barely mentions her partners. What Airachnid did Arcee is unforgivable, I know the writers did a shit job of it but it's completely reasonable for her to want revenge.

If Airachnid shows up to die, I'd like it to be at Silasdowns hands, though Soundwave records it and sends to Arcee.

7. Bountyan

News Credits:
    She still disobeyed the team. At the very least, she could have attacked Starscream without offering him the freaking key to his cuffs.

8. GuardianAngel87

And yet, no one cries out for Starscream's blood on the kill he didn't deserve either and on the character that might actually be considered interesting had he got a chance to be.

9. GuardianAngel87

She didn't. He actually got himself out of these cuffs with the use of his own claw-like hands.

10. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Which he had the opportunity to do because Arcee showed him the key and dropped it.

11. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    But you have a point. But Starscream is fascinating unlike Airachnid.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'm very unhappy. She was the only Decepticon who got stuff done. Now we're left with a joke and a group of idiots.

13. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Ahem! Soundwave and Dreadwing.....

14. GuardianAngel87

Fascinating or not, it still did not change the fact he is just as much as an unrepetant killer as Airachnid, at least not to me anyway.

NOTE: I do not hate TFP Starscream in case you or anybody else are asking.

15. soundwaverulls

Soundwave never does anything. Except for Triage where, after waiting 40 episodes for his first mission, he hands the Iacon data base to the Autobots. Yep, they're handling Soundwave well.

And Dreadwing is pretty cool but is still underused. After his introduction in Loose cannons, he had a small role in Crossfire then disappeared for three episodes before appearing as a background character in Flying Minds and then finally gets a proper appearance again in the T 4 parter.

16. GuardianAngel87

First of all, what about his beatdown on Airachnid?
    Second, he was infected by a virus through Laserbeak that was uploaded by Ratchet and Raf.

17. soundwaverulls

For first point, while very cool, it was unimportant to the episode and only lasted five seconds. For the second point, I know it wasn't really something he could have avoided but it was his first mission which we waited 40 episodes for. After waiting that long, I would like it if he did not give the Autobots a huge victory. I really feel like the writers are mishandling Soundwave.

18. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I really hope all of this hate towards her is based on the typical unwant of an evil, sadictic bitch on tv and reality shows. I really hope it's not obvious trolling from people that don't want to reveal that exact reason and instead pretend to say she's a bad character to make writers believe they should get rid of her.

By this point, I don't know what to believe anymore. If it really is based around these reasons, it just makes me want to leave this fandom more and more everyday.

19. GuardianAngel87

Amen. Isn't this supposed to be the idea of the overall character? Maybe I am growing rather jaded lately as a TF fan.

20. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    mishandling soundwave? pfft most of tfp's internet fandom treat soundwave like he's batman or bruce lee :3 they luvs him