Anyone else looking forward to the end of Bayformers ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red leader, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Dont get me wrong I loved some of the toys from this line and the first movie has become one of my all time faves, problem is I just dont seem to have the enthusiasm for anymore funny heads, panel formers or gimmicks.

Dont get me wrong I will pick up Shockwave, the new Megatron and a few others but overall I just feel like I cant be bothered and would rather collect Generations, Vintage or something new like Prime,, anyone else in this boat ?

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You really think its going to end?

3. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    50/50....there is some gems, but a lot weren't so good. I think being bombarded with so many repaints is the killers.....but when classics/gens/rts came out, it really made movie toys look like shit....

But we all know hasbro will continue the series...its $$$ in the bank for them...

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    hella ya!

5. sacha88

sacha88 Well-Known Member

I also am focusing on Generations/Classics type lines, but I also realize that part of the reason why those awesome lines are coming out is because of the success of the movies.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    No, since I like the designs. Still, I doubt Hasbro will stop making them just cause the movies are ending.

I am looking forward to the bitching that'll come if they say Generations will take a hiatus or something.

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

me not, and I hope it come back soon after DOTM toyline, or include some "updates" in generations XD DOTM toyline is strange, so any update will be accepted :D 

8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I agree with you completely Red Leader. I have been a huge fan of the bayformers but i have become bored with the aesthetic of them. There have been some great figures and i think DOTM is going to yeild some great figures as well but considering that dark of the moon will have toys running for 1-2 leads me to say 5-6 years of the movie toys has been enough. Time to move on!

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Some of the best TFs made came out of it, but general lack of screen accuracy, Hasbro's penny pinching in paint doesn't help, way way too much Bumblebee.

I'd be quite happy to see the end of it.

10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know. I'm not that enthusiastic about the aesthetic (although I do like it) but Bayformers has been a constant strong for Hasbro in the profits department.

Without a movie series to support it, Hasbro will have to rely on another primary means of income from the Transformers side. I hope they can pull it off, but they'll need to really get the Hub into everyone's homes before that happens.

11. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Yep, my thinking completely, I've also always found myself selling off a lot of my movie figs after a while, something I've never done with my CHUG stuff.

12. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    It's going to be hard for them to get the same level of presence (profit) again, particularly internationally, without more movies.

On the other hand, they surrendered a lot of creative control., It's apparent they're trying to' 'soften' the move aesthetic in HFTD, partially because the movie aesthetic alienated a lot of people, and partially because some of those animation models will never fully translate into a toy.

But on future movies, they may find themsevles with the same lack of creative control, again.

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

No. I love the movie lines.

I like collecting the other lines too, but collecting began with the movies for me, so I'll always have a bit more love for them.

14. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The movies have brought a lot of fans into collecting. Seeing the end of the movies and the line makes me wonder what might be in the future that could keep transformers mainstream.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm a huge fan of the Bayformers, but I'm looking forward to the end of it. I feel like it's overwhelming. It's time to move on I think.

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    No as I mainly go for that style with Animated now gone. I really could care less about Neo G1 stuff and Prime figures are not out yet. I rather deal with bayformers then more PCC style figures.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not looking forward to the end of the Movie TFs. It was the Movies that really got me into collecting -- and the bulk of my collection are all Movie TFs -- so I would be rather sad when there's no new Movie TFs on the shelves for me to collect.

Sure, once they stop making Movie TFs, I could better focus on collecting from the other lines that I want to collect from (like Generations), but... personally, I'd rather that they continue making Movie TFs... at least, especially since I doubt that DOTM will truly be the last live-action movie they will ever make. There's already talk of there being a TF4 with or without Michael Bay as director, and a movie reboot is a possibility, so... I don't really want to see the end of the Movie TFs.

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You know, on second thought, while I don't want them to stop making them, I will be glad that they won't be pushed as hard. Plus less Bumblebee.

19. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

to say i'm looking forward to it is probably the biggest understatement ever.

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Preface by saying that I really, really like the Movie aesthetic. However, maybe because I've gotten used to the franchise rebooting every 1 - 2 years prior to the Movies, I'm ready for something a little different aesthetically. And, no, that doesn't mean "more G1 updates", but I'd like something more unique; the upcoming TF Prime toys look to be a good start. I assume there will continue to be live-action TF movies after DotM, but I hope there's either a complete reboot of the franchise or a major overhaul of the designs (not to a G1 look), just to make things different again.