Anyone else have to block international bidders?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Tyjos, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Seems as of late I've had one user that doesn't understand I don't Ship International, and I've had to block them and just had to retract bids and cancel them cause I don't ship International.

Any way I can prevent these people from trying to contact me asking if I'll ship to their country other than just adding their name to the blocked bidders list the moment they contact me to ensure they don't bid on my auctions?

I'm just getting tired of em asking me in very broken English if I'll ship to their country. All they'll get is NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING as a response.

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I've had the same problem. I have my auctions setup as No international shipping and still they are allowed to bid? I can't understand why, it cannot be that difficult for Ebay to block international bidders when you select no international shipping? They are too busy giving free money and toys away to buyers because they are protected and the sellers get raped!

3. Tyjos

I also have to deal with one ebayer in phillibpeans who everytime I list transformers wants me to sell em cheaper than what i got listed to them and one of those folk who say "Oh I have sellers ship to my US Address"

I just don't trust those type users cause there is too much that can go wrong with those deals.

Best I can do is just block em with the bidder management....

So I simply remove their bids, block their ebay user name and move on.....and repeat.

I Have my listings set up as well, but it'd be nice if there was some way of blocking these people.

If I have to deal with this anymore, I'm gonna just ditch ebay and sell my stuff here on the forum.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  4. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

I always sell world wide, and want everybody's money!

Have either of you guys looked at the "Buyers Requirements" in the "Site Preferences" section?

Instead of bashing ebay, it might help to learn their policies.

5. megamus

News Credits:
    I know the policies, I know they do not protect sellers. I also know that I set the restrictions on my auctions to not allow international bidders and they still are allowed to bid? Explain that one?

6. Tyjos

I have restrictions set as well.

Just literally as as a seller you gotta wonder how they can do that.

I'm probably better off selling on the forum here anyway after this round of ebay selling ends.

7. Da_Last_2_Walk

I'm protected.

Are you setting the restrictions in the actual auction, or in the Buyer Requirements?

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    International shipping is no problem if you send it Priority or Express International with full insurance and declare the full value of the item. It's trackable and covered 100%. I ask all international buyers to email me first and I make this very clear to the buyer. If they do not agree, I cancel the bids. I have yet to experience a problem following this method.

9. megamus

News Credits:
    I've been selling on ebay for many many years. I know where the buyer restrictions are. They do not cover all international bidders. Also, bidders have a way of going around that as well. They set their location in the united states and when they send payment the confirmed address is over seas. Total scams. You don't sent the item, refund the money and you get a negative. Ebay will do nothing for you. I actually had someone state they did not get their items, they got their money back, even though I had tracking. Later they put those items up on ebay trying to sell them. Ebay gives them a suspension but guess what? No money, I never did get my money back.
    EBAY SUCKS

10. Da_Last_2_Walk

Just a note:
    Priority Mail is not 100% safe for proving a paypal dispute. Priority Mail is not always trackable. The only 100% safe way to track a package is Express Mail.

Of course if the Priority Mail is "not received", full insurance will cover the seller in the end.

11. Da_Last_2_Walk

I've never had ebay's buyer restrictions fail me? Have you contacted ebay about this problem?

Ebay will protect sellers that have buyers with address' in countries that the seller doesn't ship to. They will remove the negative feedback under this circumstance.

You had proof of delivery on a paypal dispute, and you lost?!

12. megamus

News Credits:
    Yes had proof, international tracking through the post office. Showed it arrived but because Italy has their own mail system they can only track it to the country. So that is how I lost that one but when I saw the items in his auctions and pointed it out to them they immediately made him a non registered user but never gave me anything back. I contacted them and they said there was nothing they could do. As for the negative that was a while ago but yeah I refused to send because his address was not confirmed and got a negative. They would not remove it. Said feedback is a community thing and they would not remove it. You can try to defend EVILbay all you want. It was way better in the begining when they left themselves out of the transaction process. When they bought Paypal that was the end. It's never been the same since.

13. Da_Last_2_Walk

I haven't had a issue with Italy, as it's illegal to send toys not made of wood.

The feedback should have been removed, as the buyer had to agree to your terms of "no international shipping". I would also think that it's against ebay policy to be living permanently in a different country, and have a permanent U.S. address?

Not directed at you, but I see a lot of sellers that don't follow ebay/paypal rules, then bash them when something goes wrong.

14. Tyjos

I just don't do International Shipping due to all the potential problems that can crop up.

Best thing I can do as I said is to block the buyer, and cancel any bids anyone from overseas makes.

15. megamus

News Credits:
    Here is my thing. When you have proof that someone is lying. That someone just used the system to cheat and you as a representative of your company say, there is nothing we can do? Bull! At this point you could tell me that Ebay is GIVING AWAY FREE MONEY and I would still think they are lazy dumb pieces of crap. They do not care. They know that nothing right now compares with the ebay COMMUNITY ( not ebay directly) so they can afford to be A-holes. This too is not directed at you but sometimes a piece of crap is indeed a piece of crap.

16. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I avoid international shipping whenever possible. Many people don't believe me when I say how expensive it can be when they want tracking and blah, blah, blah. I just don't do it.

17. Da_Last_2_Walk

I always do international shipping, because I'm covered when I ship using Express Mail with insurance.

What if the buyer snipes at the end? If your buyer requirements are not working, I'd contact ebay to find out why.

18. Tyjos

I can't do International cause I don't get out to the post office, I just find that it's somewhat safer selling to the US and only those folk I know in Canada.

19. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    There's at least 2 places you need to setup your international shipping preferences:

My eBay>Account>Site>Preferences>Shipping preferences>Exclude shipping locations from your listings
    My eBay>Account>Site Preferences>Buyer Requirements.

On the latter, you need to select the checkbox next to the text:
    You need to set up both; IIRC, just setting up the former won't effectively block buyers from places you exclude (dumb, I know). You can also check that unwanted buyers who attempted to bid are indeed blocked by going to

My eBay>Account>Site Preferences>Buyer Requirements>Buyer Requirements Activity Log

which will show a list of individual bidders who were blocked with the reason for being blocked. At the moment I have 3 blocked countries (Italy, Peru and Chile) and see a bidder from Peru tried to bid on one of my items twice in Aug. Also, I believe there's an exception list somewhere you can put individual buyers on should you decide to allow international shipping to certain people (people from TFW?) in the future.

20. megamus

News Credits:
    I have my preferences set accordingly at both areas and it still happens. The main reason is that Ebay does not check your address on your account with the address on your paypal account. Like I said, in the united states when he won the auction. Sent payment and paypal address was China. Trust me, Ebay is not perfect by any means.