Anyone else have this Optimus Prime and Megatron two pack?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by urrutiap, Nov 6, 2011.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

Where Optimus is old school and Megatron is a green tank? I've seen 2 two packs of them for 20 bucks at the dollar general store. 20 bucks a bit too much even at a dollar general store.

Just wondering if that 2 pack is worth getting since it has Optimus in his old school appearance?

2. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    Its not a bad bundle, the OP has a spinning gimmick from what I remember, but that can be locked. I really like the machine gun he comes with, I would get it again just for that.

And Megs looks close to his G2 appearance, its a pretty good figure, nice tank mode.

I think $20 is not too bad of a price cause it is 2 deluxe figs 10 + 10 = 20, so your paying for what in there, and I think there might even be a DVD in there.

3. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was originally released in the first Classics line back in 2006/2007 and the deluxe Optimus looks alot better in robot mode than in truck mode which looks like utter crap and I really like the deluxe G2 type Megatron.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Same here, the G2 Tank Megatron is awesome, Prime is okay.

Given the set has stayed in constant availability since late 2006, I'd almost say wait and see if Dollar General marks them down next spring (I saw that with the Universe 1 styled packaging a couple years ago). Nifty, not sure if the two of them are "$20 nifty"

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus does have some good posability in robot mode, once you lock the spinning mechanism, but the truck mode looks terrible. There are better versions of both characters.

I'm almost positive the dollar-store release does not include the DVD.

6. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe it's in the Generations type packaging when in the Dollar Tree.

7. urrutiap

Yeah its a bummer that the two pack is 20 bucks at dollar general. Disappointed yeah but if it means that I have to spend 20 bucks on it then so be it. Ive never had the G1 Optimus Prime figure when I was a little kid in the early 1980s. Never even had any form of Megatron either. Maybe its a sign LOL. That its my chance to get that two pack even though it costs 20 bucks at a freakin dollar general store.

You sure that two pack has an animated DVD in that pack? The two pack packaging doesnt mention anything about it so its just the figures. And yeah Ive noticed Optimus's head sticks out like a sore thumb when in semi truck mode LOL but its not that big of a deal

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This is so true. Everybody loves to hate on this set, but I think Optimus looks awesome holding his Tommy Gun all 50's gangster style. Has to be my favorite pose for any of my Op figures.

9. urrutiap

Well didn't the olld original Optimus Prime figure have its head stick out also when in truck mode?

The Optimus in the Classics two pack with the Megatron tank, its not that bad or anything. Sure the Optimus figures' head from the two pack may have its head really stick out by the blue stick out on top when in truck mode but its really not that big of a deal. the fist spinning thing reminds me of that one He-Man Power Punch figure LOL

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Optimus is one of my favourite toys. Sure, his alt mode looks like utter crap but his robot mode is insanely posable.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    No.

12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Waiting for the Prime two pack.

13. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i think that prime is ugly and do not want.

the megatron however looks dreamy ... especially the special g1 coloring version. THAT is one of the ULTRA rare events, that i pass on something in a green color scheme.

14. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I remember a few years ago when I picked this set up on clearance for $5.00 at a Gordman's store.It's a nice looking set and I never opened the one I have so I'll have to keep an eye on these to see if they get marked down after Christmas.

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it DOES NOT have the DVD in it. The DVD was only included in the original release that came in Classics packaging and was sold at major retail outlets. The one you're looking at is in Generations packaging, right?

The DVD is no loss, anyway. Garry Chalk narrates a 22-minute synopsis of the whys and wherefores of Transformers, with scenes from the Unicron Trilogy. And that's it.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd have liked that pack a lot more if it wasn't for Prime's shit truck mode and Megatron's ridiculous arm gimmick/lack of a right hand.

17. urrutiap

Why do you keep thinking its crap? I think the Optimus figure is fine since it reminds you of the old original 1980s G1 Optimus. Just not fond of it being punch gimmicky like the Power Punch He-Man back in the 1980s.

I'd stilly buy the 2 pack but wish dollar general store would lower it down to at least 10 bucks

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Because the Voyager Classics Optimus did a FAR better job of it.
    Agreed. $10, worth it. Wouldn't touch it for any more.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got this set in 2006. I still have the Megatron on display with my G2 toys, Prime has been all O_O in storage for at least four years now.

20. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This set has been repackaged a couple of times. I think the earlier sets had the DVD. Not sure about teh current set.

There is a Dollar General on my way home from work. I need to stop into that place.