Fan Art: anyone else have problems attaching classics/rotf vortex to fansproject add on parts?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 25, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

has anyone else noticed stress marks over time when it comes to the fansproject explorer missile pods shoulder exstension blox parts?

in particuler the flat panel hinged parts that fold out form the front and back of the shoulder blox parts to attach it to the bottom and sides of vortex's body

i have noticed that mine has developed some stress marks over time around the plastic corner of the hinged flat panel parts where the hole is set in the panel where the knob studs on the sides of vortex upper body plug into place at on the hinged panel parts

it has gotten to the point that the corner peice above the hoel in the flat panel broke off over time

while i have since managed to reattach it permanently with some epoxy glue

i have gone so far as to swap the repaired panels on the vorex shoulder blox piece out for the attachemnt hinged panels from the blastoff shoulder blox piece

and just as a added precaution i have gone so far as to shave down the attachemnt studs on each side of vortex's upper body so that they are a slight size smaller then they were originally

the vortex shoulder exstension blox part can still wrap around and attach securely to the sides of vortex's upper body though i did have to use a drop of super glue on each knob to insure that each knob can still securley grip the panel hole when i attach vortex to his shoulder blox exstension part to combine him with onslaught as buriticus' left arm

by the way is thiere a more secure way to attach the lower left arm exstenion parts to vortex's lower legs?

becuase i have applied a layer or ttwo of suepr glue tothose raised notches on the outside of vortex lower arms that the lower left arm exstension aprts slot onto and it has given the legs a slightly better grip so far

short of applying a few layers of paint or remolding vortex's lower legs with sculpy i was just wondering if there was anything else i could do to give the add on parts a tigher better grip when they are slotted into place over vortex's lower legs

2. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

hello?