Anyone else have audio problems with the 3D Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by s10blazed, Feb 1, 2012.

1. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I waited until yesterday to get my 3D version of DotM. While watching it I noticed I didn't have any surround sound. It was just stereo with the center channel (how my amp blends it). No biggy, it probably picked the lower quality stream by default. So I change it to 7.1 and... nothing. It was still using the 2 channel audio. I tried the 5.1 Descrete (what is Descrete Dolby Digital, BTW?) and the same thing. I tried restarting my PS3 and manually selecting the different audio before it started. Although switching audio during playback to the other languages obviously worked. My point is, no matter what track I tried it was only in stereo.

I watch blu-rays often enough to know my setup handles it. I do have a full 7.1 amp and speakers. Even Netflix uses 5.1 properly on supported videos. But no matter what I did I couldn't get surround from DotM.

My primary suspect at this point is that I use optical cable for the audio. My amp does not accept audio input from HDMI (its a bit older). Has anyone noticed any problems like this before with other titles?

2. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    try using good old red and white av cables for your sound- or better yet, a digital orange single cable (like the AV, but just 1 cable and its got an Orange marker) in all the sound setups i've had, , the digital has always been the best, even over HDMI, IMO.

3. s10blazed

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Well my options are limited with my amp. I use the optical audio cable. Like I said... works great on every other compatible source.

4. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you tried with another Blu-ray that you have and have played previously in surround on your system?

5. s10blazed

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yes, Batman The Dark Knight works perfectly.

I don't have any other 3D movies to try though. Just regular Blu-ray.