Anyone else have as many problems with Animated toy quality?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Feb 24, 2009.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I typically don't post threads of a complaining nature- everyone else does that just fine- but after having a recent Animated Purchase utterly crap out on me, I'm starting to wonder if anyone else is having as many problems with their Animated figures as I am. I've been keeping a list, to warn my friends that buy them as well, and I thought I'd share the problems I've experienced

Lockdown: EMP gun doesn't stay in place, springs are really loose (the barrels of the gun wobble freely) Hands broke with little stress

Ratchet: Magnet doodads have loose springs- go off with the slightest touch as though they don't lock in place.

Voyager Optimus: worn peg on rotating torso piece. Figure is pretty much a ragdoll that constantly spins and flops around.

Swoop: Loose wings that sorta just flop around.

Jetfire and Jetstorm: Worn connecting pegs, can't really form Safeguard.

These are just the structural problems- the paint aps on most of my Animated figs are really sloppy on the robot parts. This is also most of my collection- the only figures that didn't have any structural issues were Jazz, Bumblebee, Soundwave, and OilSlick.

Has anyone else had these problems with their Animated figures? Its really aggrivating- I've decided to not buy any more Animated figs. Maybe this is why the line is getting canned: Hasbro realises this series has the shoddiest quality control of all time.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No structural or paint issues on any of mine to date. My Blitzwing came mis-assembled, but this was easily remedied with a screwdriver.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

No problems here.

4. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Blitzwing problems

I've bought and returned 3 Blitzwings because of the same problem;the connector pegs dont hold very well and pieces(helmet,wings)keep popping off.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing at all other than a really floppy Blitzwing, and that was more a design problem not QC.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The only recent instance of poor QC on Animated has been a splotch of gold paint on Jetstorm's hull. Easily fixed.

Before that, my Cyb Mode Prime had some tiny drips on the windshield I was not happy about, but again, easily fixed.

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Eh a few loose joints, a couple crappy paint apps, but fortunately nothing terrible.
    I will return a figure for a better one if it breaks on me. I didn't pay good money to have something break on me because I looked at it funny.

Animated just wasn't handled correctly. Not at all.

8. underwear-ninja

I'm returning the Jet Bros I got today (for my birthday which you made not so happy, Hasbro >:[ ) The Quality Control issues are seriously getting out of hand. It shouldn't be a gamble to buy a figure. "Is this gonna be a broken one? Or maybe this one?"

At least a broken Blitzwing is sorta accurate.

[​IMG]

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only problem I've had is that my original Prowl didn't have any grey paint on his face. It wasn't a big deal, though, and I just consider it to be a rare "battle mask" Prowl variant :cool: 

I haven't noticed any other quality control problems (I'm excluding figures like Blitzwing, where one mode just wasn't designed well) or paint problems...but then, there has to be something seriously wrong with the paint before I actually notice it; I've never gotten too wound up about figures that have a few spots here and there or some detail that doesn't exactly follow the mold lines.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Prowl has super floppy legs, Starscream's fingers are terribly molded and fall off the hand if messed with, and Ultra Magnus makes his sound effects extremely easily. Other then those problems, I think the animated toys seem pretty solid. I think Cybertron Prime is one of the best "feeling" deluxes I've held. Just very solid.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I've had a few issues here and there, probably my worst three animated toys with problems? Both "Battle Begins" figures (battle damaged Deluxe Earth OP and Deluxe Cyb. mode Megatron) and Animated Soundwave.

For Optimus, it's mainly how his waist was designed to be spring loaded, and I hated it so much I removed the damn thing three months after getting him because it made posing him very, very hard, and ofset his waist too much to be transformed easily. Now he tends to start turning perpindicular to his legs, but he's a much better toy now for me, especialy with his awesome axe.

Megatron's cannon peg is really loose and I'm still unsure of it's stability. I keep thinking it's going to break everytime I remove it. That's probably why he's my least favorite Animated toy. At least his waist spinning gimmick can turn 360 degres, unlike OP's, so it actualy works for this guy, which is a rarity for the gimmick I think.

And lastly, Soundwave had a blemish on his roof, but ignoreable in 'bot mode. It's just the random white powder fingerprints on the inside of his left sholder that makes him the worst QC toy I've ever gotten. His sholders are also uneven, and while it doesn't hinder anything at all, just looks odd if you pose him just standing. Doesn't help I've only gotten his Scion mode to stay completley together twice so far. I'll probably pick up his repaint as Soundblaster, though, as it looks totally bad-ass and comes with Ratbat instead.

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    My Activators Bumblebee has herpes. There's what looks to be a cold sore on one corner of his mouth.

13. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong for me, at all.

14. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

only problem I've had with animated figures is joints getting wobbly after a dozen or so transforms, sure it's wear and tear, but my classics, universe and movie figs are way sturdier.
    On the plus side, it's nothing a little superglue won't fix.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    none, and i have every mold at least once so far

16. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I have alot of animated figures. As soon as they were released, I got Ratchet and Lockdown for my boys and Bumblebee for me. Ratchets left leg came off instantly to never stay on again. Lockdown hand broke the first time transformed and my BB's windshield/back thigh comes off of you look at it wrong. That being said, I've since got my own Ratchet and Lockdown and both are fine with none of the issues the first releases had. (I got mine almost 18mos later). My BB hasnt been replaced yet and I still havent opened up my Elite Guard BB to see if the issues have been corrected since the initial launch. The only figures in this line I dont have are Waspinator, Samurai Prowl, and leader Lugnut. (I'm only counting deluxe, voyager and leader classes) I havent noticed any glaring defects or blatant QC issues at all. I like this line and I think Hasbros done a good job overall with the toys.

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I haven't had a LOT of the problems that have been mentioned. Thankfully I've been pretty happy with the line so far.

18. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

most of mine seem excellent. Voyager SScream the fingers will pop but thats just due to me having oafish hands and them only going so far. I love animated so far and will miss it.

19. underwear-ninja

Some of us must have bad luck when it comes to animated toys :redface2: 

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Prowl - floppy legs
    Lockdown - legs popping off
    Blitzwing - stress marks EVERYWHERE, straight out of the box
    Soundwave - sticky paint on roof