Anyone else hate the Mustang mould?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

My Alt wheeljack arrived today and all i can say is that i really hate the Mustang mould. With Grimlock i find it hard as hell to get the figure transformed into vehicle mode and to get all the pieces in place correctly but with Wheeljack its even worse!
    Firstly his damn legs keep popping out of there sockets, secondly the waist piece just refuses to rotate 180 so i can transform the damn thing, thirdly his car doors always pop off when i try to tansform him and even when i manage to get the figure into vehicle mode i cant get the doors to connect properly or the back section.

Anyone else have trouble with the Alt Mustang mould? im fine transforming every other Alt.......well aside from Prowl, i cant seem to get his engine in correctly and i dunno why.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's tricky to transform but I still love it...maybe it's the characters and the fact I love the style of the new Mustang though.

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Patience is key to the Mustang mold. It's one of my favorites, but it is difficult to get right. Just takes a bit of fiddling with.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the mustang mold.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I love Grimlock, but Wheeljack is one of my least favorite Alts. WJ's vehicle mode is pretty boring, the blue stripes don't look good in either mode, the headsculpt doesn't look all that great, and his f'ing doors pop off every single time I transform him. Grimmy, on the other hand, looks great in both modes, has a fantastic headsculpt, and his doors would likely stay on if I threw him off the Sears Tower.

6. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I personally like the Mustang mold. The only tf in the past several years that I looked at the instructions for. Most of the time they just get tossed with the box, but for Grimlock I needed them. Haven't since though....

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Weird...I am of the opposite opinion entirely (well, except for the doors thing, I have no problems on either one with that). To each their own! :D 

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

It's my favorite Alt mold. Wheeljack's even better than Grimmy. Those blue stripes look great, and he's probably got the best head sculpt in the line. Doesn't hurt that I love the new Mustangs' looks.

I really like transformation. It gets tight in a few spots, but it works very well. You just have to be conscious of how all the parts interact.

Now, if I could just get Smokscreen back into vehicle mode, on the first try....

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's my least favorite of the Alternator molds; my Grimlock is displayed in vehicle mode and Wheeljack is one of the few Alts I keep in storage and don't display. Problems I have with the mold include:

- Grimlock's hip joints are extremely loose.
    - Swords are too short.
    - Wheeljack's arms and doors regularly pop off during transformation.
    - Wheeljack just looks terrible. The white with large blue stripes doesn't work for me.
    - Proportionally, the chests are too large for the size of the arms and heads.
    - Pain in the ass to get the head/arms transformed, especially going from robot to vehicle mode.
    - The 'skid plate' looks bad on both of them. The designers could have worked out a better way to integrate it into the robot aesthetic, rather than just having a huge panel hanging down from the rear. Hell, both figures have swords, that panel could have made a decent shield with some minor alterations (it certainly detaches easily enough...).

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Wheeljack OK, but don't much care for Grimlock. That's probably just my personal bias though.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yes the mustang molds arm a bitch to pull out. and the head mechanism sucks ass too.

still beautiful mold tho.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's by far my least favorite mold, and one of the few TFs that I have difficulty transforming.

13. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The trouble is i actually like it........

but i'd like it a lot more if the doors and forearms didn't fall off.

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    sometimes I pop the doors off, but only sometimes... just go slow on that part :)  I love the mold, both toys we got from it kick a ton of ass.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I always have problems getting the arms right when I transform them. They're sometimes a little frustrating, but I've nothing against a challenge. I quite enjoy the pair of them, actually. I need something that challenges me once in a while.

16. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

I like wheeljack - I think grimlocks colors are too plain and hes not a dino - but I love the molds - the doors I can live with.. they were designed to pop off and on so the dont snap off permenantly.

17. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Other than the SHOCKWAVE/Meister mold, the Mustang is my favourite. He's difficult to transform, but very rewarding, IMO.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I can't stand the mustang mold. I leave it in one mode for as long as possible. My wheeljack is Exactly like yours...He especially I do not really fiddle with anymore.

19. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

I like the Alt mode, i like the bot mode, i like the characters but i hate transforming them.

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks great, but it sure is a bitch to transform. Last time I tried I think I ended up popping the arms off, transforming them, and trying to re-attach them.