Anyone else hate summer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surge, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I hope I'm not the only one. I prefer cloudy and/or rainy weather but when I admit this to people, they tell me I'm too gloomy/depressed/emo/etc. Bull-freaking horseshit, I'm actually more happy when it's cloudy or cold. It also bothers me that, every time it rains just once, the local weather anchors are all "Big news people, SUNSHINE TOMORROW!" and I'm just sitting there rolling my eyes. To be honest, if I had the money, I'd move to England. Not only am I fascinated by the place itself but also, I hear sunshine is somewhat rare there.

If anything, hot and humid weather makes me depressed. And don't even get me started on the humidity...

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well greetings from the uk! It's currently cloudy and rainy here despite it being summer! However there is like zero air around. I find it stuffy and still warm which I also hate.

I am a very warm blooded person so hot weather makes me uncomfortable and perspire more at work even though I'd say I'm not unfit just a naturally always warm person even during winter months!

As for the uk feel free to come visit the uk fans over here anytime :D 

3. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    quit being emo.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    *sniff* I'm jealous, it's freaking 90 degrees with high humidity here. One small step outside and it feels like you're not even breathing in oxygen. You sound exactly like me though; I swear, my body wasn't built for these conditions. And believe me, if I could ever go to the UK, I would sure as heck love to meet some of you guys from TFW! I would like to meet some here in the US as well but I live in the flat agricultural state of ND lol. Still always gonna be home to me though, aside from the weather of course.

Easier said than done.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sorry to hear

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely hate summer. I can do okay with the heat, up to a point, but it doesn't take much humidity before the weather starts getting uncomfortable for me. It also means that my power bill goes through the roof for a few months since I have my air conditioner running constantly when I'm home, to keep my apartment at a comfortable temperature. Granted, it balances out during the winter, because I like the cold and very rarely run my heat.

Also, I don't like summer because people wear less clothing. Particularly guys going around without shirts, but also women wearing less clothing and other cyclists thinking spandex is an acceptable article of clothing outside of international competition.

I'm not a fan of rain, though, since it makes it difficult riding my bicycle. Basically, if I ran the world, the daytime high would never go above 20 Celsius, it would be between -5 and +5 Celsius every night and the humidity would never go above ~20%. And every day would be sunny, except for the hour from 2 AM to 3 AM, when there would be precipitation.

7. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

I much prefer the cold.

8. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I live in Colorado and normally love it around here. This year however, it's been way too windy and too dry. Then about a month ago, we finally got our late-spring rain-showers. For the past three weeks it rained quite nicely every day and it felt awesome. This weekend, we're back in hot-dry conditions and I hate it.
    But, at least we've had enough rain that I'm not overly concerned about forest-fires as I was a few weeks ago. Still cautious of coarse, but not overly paranoid. I much prefer it when it rains at least once a day as it helps cool things down for sleeping at night.

I also prefer the cold, but not when your knee-deep in snow and can't go anywhere. But cold is much better to deal with I think than heat.

9. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Wow, our country just got a compliment?! That's a new one...

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I think Spring & Fall are the best seasons. Still sunny but warm enough that you can walk outside without a jacket & cool enough that I don't sweat while outside. Summer is just too hot & winter is too cold & snow makes driving a pain.

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same boat. I'll take overcast, cool and rainy any day. It's easy on the eyes, cool on the skin and pleasant on the ears.

Fall>Spring>Winter>Summer

12. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'm fortunate enough to live in a part of the world where it gets hot, but not crazy hot. That said, I like the summer. Lots of conventions to look foreword too, plus it's the only time when Cherries, lychee, and corn are in season.

Now Winter on the other hand, is what i hate...how I wish i could just hibernate like the bears

13. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Eh I dislike summer only when im at car shows... I drive a black/grey car for one and trying to do touch up detailing in 90+ is a pain in the ass. Overall I prefer cloudy days and enjoy the rain.

14. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I live in a place which hot & humid all year round (with lotsa rains between the months of Nov to Jan).

So I'm quite envious with most of the folks here who lives in places with the usual four seasons a year. :redface2: 

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Haha well... I guess you can add me to the list of people who prefer the cool weather to the hot.

It sucks because where I live, I can't even go outside without sunglasses most of the time, and that doesn't do anything about the heat. I'd actually take winter over summer in most cases, even with the uphill winter driving & idiots that always accompany it.

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    yeah I love the sound of rain. Something very soothing about it, especially when you're doing indoor stuff anyway.

I'm the same, though my climate suits me.

What gets me is when people complain about the "miserable weather" when we just have some light misty rain. Rain doesn't really bother me unless I have out-doorsy stuff to do that can't wait. And even then I'll just take an umbrella.

17. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

This here sums it up for me.

18. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

I too prefer the cold. However between being at home or the rat cage I spend four months every season, I definitely choose the former; as such I've grown a new appreciation for summer where I live. And besides, the weather has been kickass lately.

19. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    When I was in school summer was cool cause we got out for three months and no school. Now that I am older I don't get the summer off like I did and I just hate it. I live in Alabama the deep south and by the gods its hot here. Its been in the 100's the last week and the little rain we get makes it so humid. I really perfer fall and early spring. I also perfer overcast or rainny weather. I am not a big sun person.

20. J.H.N

J.H.N the HARSH one

This