Anyone else hate Jetfire's design?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by knook, Dec 16, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry to rant but come on!
    He looks terrible, Jetfire is supposed to be large and magestic almost like a Autobot Knight (He's a Decepticon from what we know in ROTF)
    I also wanna know what you guys think because I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is displeased with the design.

I will say this though; Jetfire still has a chance of being awesome. We've only seen the legends figure and on the screen this design could be amazing but for now I'm not too happy

Image:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=11942

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It's WAAAAAYYYY too early to really give a fair comment about this guy. Legends figures don't do justice for the movie lines.

However, if the figure is a 100% match for his CGI, then I will be disappointed.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    mhmm, way too early to tell. but as long as his toy is awesome and big, im happy ^_^

4. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a Supreme Sized version should suffice. I realise its too early to tell but the whole skinny-hunchback thing isn't at all like "Jetfire" should be but this Jetfire should carry another name in my opinion

5. darthgordy

darthgordy Well-Known Member

I thought G1 Jetfire was the coolest thing ever and that a poor kid like me would never own him. Neither the cybertron one or the new movie one are sparking that feeling for me but as a Legends collector I'll probably buy it. I'm also miffed that Prime and Bumblebee are different enough from the first movie that I'll buy those too (OCD being as it is)

g

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't hate it, but at the same time I haven't seen enough of it to really like it. personally I'll be waiting for the inevitable Voyager class figure, along with the inevitable Voyager class Optimus Prime figure. That way I can either display them as individuals, or combined.

7. Loscos

Loscos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We've only seen a legend, i'm intrigued as to how he'll look. Though when i first saw the legend pic, TRANSMORPHER came to mind >_>

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Legends figures don't really look like the real cgi model, so I can't judge it right now.

Admitted, when I first saw it, I hated it, but you know..I hated some movie1 designs and ended up liking them in the end, if you get over the fact this isn't G1 or any other non-movie Jetfire. I'm pretty sure he will rock in the movie anyway! :) 

9. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, we all (or at least most of us) hated all the movie designs but I think we always warm-up to them after a while

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I honestly think those long skinny arms become side controls like we see on a jetpack. I also think his legs become the thrusters of the jetpack, and his body becomes the main section of said jetpack. This way, Prime can wear jetfire on his back to gain flight capabilities. I base this on what we have been told that jetfire becomes armor for Prime rather than both robots combining to form 1 larger robot.

Transformers Toys News and Reviews G1 to Movie - TFormers.com

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I love it.

Its something new and refreshing. I honestly cant think of anything negative to say about it, but something just works for me.

12. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Legends figures always look wonky, so I hope the true Jetfire doesn't look like this in the end.

I just honestly hope they do NOT combine Jetfire and Prime. Gads I think it's a horrible idea to be considered as an element in the movie. I'd rather Jetfire become a true character with depth and personality than just some obligatory add-on for Prime.

13. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing that comes to mind when you put an evil Jetfire and a hunchback together is.....Igor......ick.

14. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I dont think theres particuarly anything to judge on at the moment. I never expected a legends toy to show me what Jetfire's gonna look like.

15. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Well, I guess Jetfire is a 'con after all. Prowl became Barricade and now Jetfire is a 'con.

And that design is hideous. Michael Bay's at it again. Oh, please don't let them combine! He's turning it into Energon!

16. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    He looks fine to me.

17. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Seriously, judging based off a Legends toy? (In package, no less, and probably mis-transformed per Hasbro's house style.) You haters are really reaching this time around.

Hell, at least let me see some concept art before we go all apeshit.

18. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    legends figures are usually pretty shonk compared to the larger toys and cgi models. i mean look at megatron from the first movie line, he looked more like frenzy.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone that wants to use the Legends toy as a good reference for the character design should compared BlackOut and Megatron legends to the real deal.

20. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OMG MICHAEL BAY IS RAPING MY CHILDHOOD LULZ OMG LMAO ROTFLMAO JETFIRE IS UGLY BASED ON ONE SMALL NORMALLY INACCURATE TOY SCALE GEEZ WHY HE CANT BE G1 AND AWESOME AND AN AUTOBOT AND STUFF OMG TTYL....

Yay...6 more months of this... :(