anyone else got younger family members

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by superpunch, Oct 19, 2010.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    No one has to raise someone else's kid. Way to miss the point there.

A good family knows how to respect eachother. This means he is in a rightful place to address the issue to his family if his nephews went out of line.

Fix the ROOT of the problem or at least make others aware of the root of the problem instead of beating around the bush and trying to plaster side effects and symptoms. That's just like those people who buy kids all they want just to try to keep 'em behave well. Wrong.

It all starts with making eachother aware to do the right thing : and that is good behaviour. Any good uncle & aunt will understand and tell the nephews to refrain from such behaviour.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Or, he could just put a lock on his door.

3. superpunch

superpunch Banned

fire hazard

4. knoted

News Credits:
    Yeah, if all else fails.

.. but try to look further down the line. Now it's just TF toys the nephews break. What's next in the future ? Vandalizing other people's cars when they're teenagers ?

A lock sure as hell won't help then.

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    WAY TO FALL DOWN THE SLIPPERY SLOPE, SIR.

I kid, I kid.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Really? REALLY? Breaking TF toys is a gateway offense to major misdemeanors? You can't be serious.

Kids break things all the time because they don't know any better. Getting a lock is a better solution than having a chat with their parents, potentially offending them by implying that they're not doing their job, and then relying on wishful thinking.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    How can you compare a child playing with a childs toy and breaking it because he didn't know how to transform it, to vandalizing? Transformers are children's toys. So the first instinct to a kid when he/she is bored is to pick up a toy and play with it. My son has a couple broken transformers because he plays with them. They break, it's a fact of life. Put a lock on the door, simple as that.

8. knoted

News Credits:
    repeating behaviour patterns can potentially lead to worse. It doesn't matter whether it involves TF's or some other belonging.

That's why we educate them ! Right !??????

Other way around buddy ; it would show he thinks highly and respectful enough of his family to trust them to correct this.

In the meantime, a lock might suffice for this particular issue...but there's a significant difference between kids who break stuff on accident and kids who break stuff because of repeated malbehaviour

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I suppose we need to get Jack Thompson involved: We have inconclusive evidence that breaking a transformer, even by accident, will set a child on an unavoidable path of drugs, alcohol, sleazy, diseased wimminz and violence.

[​IMG]

10. withprecision

withprecision Well-Known Member

what yuyuyami said =]

11. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im not a parent yet, but I know i'd want to be told if he/she was misbehaving, even if its unintentional on the childs part, I'd want to know so it wouldn't happen again.

And there is also the solution of going into that kids room with a sledge hammer to repay the favour
    note: The last statement was in jest.

12. knoted

News Credits:
    Now that's common sense.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

*headdesk* I don't even...

That's more wishful thinking. A LOT of parents surprisingly do not like to be told how to raise their children.

A lock MIGHT suffice? Does this behavior also inevitably lead to lock picking?

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

This is what happens when we collect children's toys.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have two 8 year old nephews and a 5 year old. All are over constantly and all are allowed in the "Robot Room" (They named it when they were 2 )

All have been trained so that they are allowed in when ever they like, they can look as much as they like but no touching. I allow them to touch figures once in a while when I am there. It keeps things special.

It has actually gotten to the point where I can trust the 8 year olds to make sure anyone else in the room doesn't touch either. So I have my own personal gaurds for my collection lol.

I can proudly say I have never lost a TF figure due to a child transforming it.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

16. knoted

News Credits:
    of course.... we need to keep those Master Piece figures and G1 Megatron's behind locked doors at all times....because they're kids' toys...right ?

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    No, because if they break one, they'll go on the downward spiral of robbing old ladies at gunpoint and murdering their neighbors. :rolleyes: 

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    my sister about a decade ago broke a custom gundam before. That's the last time any kid step into my collection

19. knoted

News Credits:
    Exactly ! :rolleyes2 

And even if they don't become criminals..... at least they know early on, how to respect other people's belongings.

Personally, I'd be more a proud parent to a kid who knows such respect - and understandingly still breaks something once in a while, purely on accident - rather than a kid who was never properly taught respect.

Another example. The neighbourhood has this primary school. At times... these kids just leave litter all around ( despite the fact there are trash cans available ), even throwing it aside in gardens of neighbouring houses. Not even those lazy teachers say anything about it.
    It should all start with parents and teachers. Apparantly, they're too lame to even try to correct it.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

LOL are you trying to get one over me or something? Um, nice try?