Anyone else, "full"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 25, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Much as I like MLP I agree that it isn't perfect either. I mean most of the episodes are pretty predictable but there are some exceptions. I mean it does have the two part episode Return to Harmony which has one of the best villans to come into the screen in my opinion. :) 

Now that you mentioned it I wonder if MLP has it's won share of white knights.

I could just give you a medal for what you've said! :thumb 

Prime isn't Beast Wars and Animated and if people can just stop aprroching them as such and accept it what it is they maight enjoy it better.

I'm not saying everyone should like Prime it's just that the post you've made hits it on the money.

:) 

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

You have no idea.

Some bronies defend the show so heavily that it boarders on severe obsession.

Fortunately no one on these boards are like this.

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    What's the plot of this show anyway?

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hopefully, Hopefully.

It's too late we didn't have the time earlier to actually send our valid complaints of the show before Season 3 started. :(  I know they will just forget about all this and we're left with too much unanswered,

5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

The Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for at least acknowledging not all of us are like that, unlike some people.

7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Seriously, The Hells the plot? Armarda had finding the Minicons, Cybertron had The Cyberkeys, Beast Machines had the Maximals restoring Cybertron, Animated had a young Optimus growing up in a way. Isn't there usually a little difference in the show or a Macguffin they have to find?

8. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon. More often than not, the Macguffin is Energon.

Funny how someone who only watched two episodes of MLP (and hated it) feels the need to randomly go on boards to compare the two shows for no apparent reason other than to start something.

How's that reputation you didn't want anyone spreading?

9. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I couldn't remember that "show" to well, I thought they called Energon the same as TFP is called Prime because there were a couple of episodes showing us them getting Energon and Kinda showing what is to be a Prime.

10. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

What does this have to do with anything? Oh right nothing.

Mind your damn business, it's getting you nowhere by judging someone's statement by a simple mistake they've made.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Exactly. All the Bay hate should be at these guys. None of their stories make sense. So far, this series is all filler. I still have no idea what the point of the series is. There is no direction. I get the feeling with last night's episode with "Jacky" (Man I hate that name and what they are doing with "Wheeljack"), would have been just the first 10 minutes of a G1 cartoon. Bulkhead gets strapped with a bomb and then the "We'll be right back with Transformers..."

That said, I still like the series just not that excited for it.

12. megapork

megapork Cheese

Still very little involvement. Though I did feel a bit of orci- kurtzman feel in the season finale.

I notice bronies who are like that are also admitted cloppers.... weird. Also you havent been on the boards for too long so you havent met the people who worship Bay like he was jesus christ.

13. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I don't feel that way. I treat each episode as a once a week thing and I'm very much enjoying it. But I have noticed a few things from past episodes being referred back to.

For example the Scraplets on Cybertron during the Orion Pax arc. Because of the Scrap Metal episode I knew exactly what they were and why the Insecticon was scared of them.

14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before now, but I just have to say.

Prime feels more akin to G1 than any previous series of the modern era. And I'll tell you why. There is no overarching plot point.

Think about it:

With Beast Wars we had the mystery of the planet they were on, and survival on a hostile alien planet sort of.

With Beast Machines it was the struggle of a handful of independants against the unthinking, unrelenting hoards of machinedom, ruled by one single consciousness.

Robots in Disguise was... Well I recall something about O-Parts and Fortress Maximus, that's about the gist of it really.

Armada was Hunt for Mini-Cons, then Unicron shows up and it was Death of Unicron, or something.

Energon is self explanatory.

Cybertron was the search for the Cyber Planet Keys, and protecting the Universe from the Grand Black Hole.

Animated gave us basically the plot of the first movie, in a new continuity, keep the AllSpark safe from the Decepticons.

And now we have Prime and what is Prime's overarching story plot? Absolutely nothing. It's just one adventure after another, and many of them call back to past ones in a much more coherent fashion than G1 ever did.

With G1 you had the basic villain plot of the week, with Megatron cooking up some new plan, or other, and even stuff like Lord Chumley or the Lost City of Atlantis with those fish people. And yet they never really called back to any of those plots, at least not until Season Three did it start having more of a focus on stuff that happened in a semi-continuous arc.

Megatron convinces the entire planet to ship the Autobots back into space, do we ever see any ramifications of this? Never. The Decepticons attack an island in the middle of the ocean that involves temporal anomalies, do they ever go back to the island? Nope, although Trypticon used it to hide out in season three with Octane, so they did mention it again at least.
    Megatron goes after Gears to perfect his Solar Needle, never hear about it again.

Many of the episodes of G1 were just as 'filler' as the stuff Prime is doing, but after so many years of the continuous story arc animes and stuff, we've kind of forgot that aspect of the show. Now they bring it back and people complain about it, I wonder why? There's nothing inherently wrong with having less focus on an overarching story line, it frees up the writers to introduce new material to help build the world, as long as they don't go too overboard with it, I say keep it up. Prime is one hell of a series, and I'm hopeing it lasts longer than three years for a change.

15. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I always thought that the overall plot is to keep Megatron from taking over planet Earth. Everytime he gets some idea on how to do it the Autobots step in his way.

16. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind filler storylines, as long as their enjoyable. Only if they aren't, do I feel the need to question an episodes existence. Thankfully, Prime hasn't done that so far.

Also, you make a good point Scrapper6, I didn't think about that. :) 

17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least G1 had a wealth of characters to jump around with. Prime has the same dozen or so doing the same thing over and over and over...

and over.

18. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Ture, but that has more to do with the limitations of CGI Animation and the expense of modeling it than anything related to the writers and others.

The only reason G1 didn't feel as stale to some is because it was 2D Hand Drawn Animation with a much larger cast of toys to sell to the kiddies. If it hadn't died when it did we would have had even more of the same old, same old, with Micromasters, Headmasters and all the Masters taking the place of the older merchandise no longer available at retail.

19. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's like Moonlight says. The plot is "The Autobot wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons." This series, quite obviously deliberately, does not HAVE a "different take" on the Transformer concept. It's not about "animal Transformers stranded in an unknown time fighting a secret war." It's not about "philosophical battle of organic vs technological on a barren world". It's not about Mini-Cons, it's not about Energon and Super-Linking, it's not about Cyber-Keys, it's not "Autobots as Super-Heroes", it's not the giddy thrill of seeing the robots in live-action. It's JUST TRANSFORMERS, doing what they do. It's a total rewind, a resetting of the clock, a baseline "Just Transformers" series, because it's the new "aligned" continuity that Hasbro has designed to be THE continuity. It can't be a "new twist" on the concept, because this is stripped the franchise back to where it began. They have to RE-ESTABLISH the base concept first. This is what Prime is. It's Just Transformers.

20. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *claps* Well said. There is nothing wrong with being episodic, and one should not base a series quality based solely on continuity, especially an animated series with a broad target demographic.