Anyone else find themselves more interested in Universe than Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I was never interested in the animated toys, I got a few for the kids but that was it.

I'd love to get some of the universe figures, but it's not in my budget at the moment.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I think the question was posed because the board has turned into one huge Animated wank fest with anyone who doesn't care for the aesthetic being slammed for being a GEEWUNNER!!!!!!!!!!! and other such nonsense. I see what his point is, and it's kind of refreshing to see people who aren't jumping on a bandwagon.

To add, yeah, I'm definitely more interested in Universe than Animated.

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I'm loving them both probly leaning more towards universe just because I'm a geewunnar so I like that there updates on the characters I also love the animated toys too.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Buying everything except those activators, and bumper battlers.

Universe rules with greater force. I've been waiting all year for them. And will rock the whole line into my collection. Including those classsics legends. Best legends ever.

So far I've bought all the animated figures. The mcdonalds coupons are heavy encouragement to pick up the future ones.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    well, i think the universe line is expected to cause more interest among fans, especially long-time fans, as the figures are mostly G1 (classics 2.0, right? :D  ) , but the animated line is still causing a lot of interest, which is great, for a line that was expected to not be that popular...me, im new, not started on the universe line yet...just completed my movie collection n now deep into animated...gotta stop for a while :D 

6. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I'm leaning more towards Animated simply due to bad experiences with the Universe figures so far.

7. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Well I like anything that can be transformed but I like the realistic look that movie figures, classics and universe is giving us. I think the animated are cute but I'm being very very picky about which figures get my money. I've transformed my classic figures many more times than animated though so Id have to say universe perks my interest more than animated.

I got back into collecting during the movie line and have enjoyed the movie repaints from previous lines because I simply missed getting them when they were first released.

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I'm not interested in animated, but then I wasn't interested in the movie either. Only the universe/classics stuff really has my eye.

9. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I'm more into G1 stuff so I like the Classic/Universe line better. I do buy the Animated though (2 of each) as they display nice but I will stay away from all the repaints and repeats of the same characters or different sizes. The classic line looks like robots to me animated it neat and all but more kiddie imo.

I'm trying to complete g1 and Beast Wars as well as go back and buy all the classics from last year so I have lots of stuff to do :) 

I think Animated do their job, they are better "toys" for kids it seems to me anyway. I think the coolest thing for kids is they look like they do on the show.

10. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do prefer Universe

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I like it too, I just think it has some flaws that could have been done differently.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still into them both a great deal. I will say that a couple months ago, I was totally interested in animated and with Universe I was "meh, they look good and I'll get them, but I love the dynamics of animated now".

This has changed after getting SS, Prowl, and Octane. I still love some of the animated toys and I'm no completist, but Prowl and Sunstreaker both are great homages but also include some of the best articulation pretty much ever for their size class. They aren't as nimble as Mirage, but they maintain a solid look a bit better IMO (i.e. they don't have a toothpick waste and a humpback). Anyways, these figures got me back on the side of classics and reignited the ferver I felt when Classics first came out. The one thing I wanted that the first set of classics didn't have was articulated ankles, and SS and Prowl both have that. They're both up there now as a couple of my favorite deluxes ever.

I am still going to get the animated toys I want, and some of them still look great, but given the choice I'd say Universe. Now, I really want them to make another Prime- Classics Prime was good, but I think with the movie line under their belt, and judging by prowl and SS, they could make an even better Prime.

Oh, my only complaint with Universe is the art. Well colored and drawn, but did they mean "Zombie Universe" when they say Universe? Look at those vacant expressions!

13. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Are we looking at different forums here?

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess we must be. Lord...

15. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto ;) .

16. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personal I'm not big into the Animated show or into the toys. Yes if they do make Omega Supreme animated toy then I may have to get that one or two of it, But there are a lot more universe toy that I'm planning on buy

17. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I have to say yes as well that I'm more interested in Universe/Classics than Animated. Of course I've also slowed down my collecting and I have also started selling off most of my collection as well. Classic/Universe are some of the few that I'm going to be keeping. But there are a few animated figures that I'm interested in and those are the Dinobots. I already have two Grimlocks... I'm a sucker for Grimlock and the Dinobots :D 

One thing I can honestly say about the animated cartoon is that it is actually pretty good. I actually enjoy watching it... I haven't been able to watch a Transformers cartoon series since Beast Wars. The only thing about the cartoon series is that I don't much care for the teen titans art style and character designs, but but it's what the kids like now days. An it has been a big hit with it's target age group.

18. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    100% Universe to 0% Animated

And this has nothing to do with nostalgia or the G1 likeness - I just cant stand the kiddie, post 1994 animation style look. Very similar to the disdain I have for most things anime. Thats why I cant get into the cartoon and thats why I will never buy the toys. Just my opinion but way to silly looking for me