Anyone else find themselves more interested in Universe than Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I've got several Animated toys and the first three Universe deluxes.

Yet its the three Universe deluxes that are getting more interest from me. I also got Movie Incinerator and Animated Voyager Starscream on the same day a week ago and I transformed Starscream to robot mode then back to jet mode and back to robot mode and then put him on my Animated shelf along with the other Animated toys I'm barely touching now.

I think its because the Animated toys have large areas without any detail that I subconciously find them less interesting than the movie and Universe toys. I'm still going to collect Animated though but they aren't doing as much for me as I thought they would do.

2. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I personally like the Classics/Universe line better but it's because of the characters and the fact that they're like G1 but brand spankin' new! I love animated too, but Classics top's my list as my favorite line.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Toy Discussion = Toy Forum.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I'm 60%/ 40% for the split between Universe and Animated.

Some of the Universe toys are amazing and have great nostalgia.

However a few Animated toys have amazing design asthetics, even if they don't really fit in. The "ouch I've hyper extended everything" look and smooth kibble free transformations are very nice.

5. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No. But also yes. I find the current Animated toys far more appealing than the current Universe toys, but conversely I find the upcoming Universe toys far more appealing than the upcoming Animated toys.

All in all, I still think it's a heavenly time to be a TF fan. :) 

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I definitely like the Universe toys A LOT better than Animated mainly because of the look. Animated sports the "guys in robot suits" look that just doesn't appeal to me while Universe has a lot of awesome updates of G1 figures though some of the repaints aren't so great. Overall there is something for everyone which is good so even though I don't like Animated I am glad it is there for those that do. Now bring on Wave 2 of Universe!

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While I'm still interested in Animated, SDCC just boosted my interest in Universe. While there wasn't too much shown, it still got me excited. Finally seeing pictures of Hound helped that alot. Hopefully it won't be too long till Hasbro released the stock photos they used in their slides so we can get closer looks at some of the figures. It's kinda sad that most of them appeared to be misstransformed in some manner. Cheetor was probably the worst one out of the bunch.

Edit: I was just thinking about it, and even if they don't incorperate the other two Dinobots into Animated, half of my Animated Autobot collection is going to be Dinobots, lol. Two of them being the same character, only different size classes. This is a somewhat random question, but, did the 3" Titanium Cliffjumper repaint ever make it to retail? I can't remember if it did or not. It would certainly help balance out my Bumblebee to Cliffjumper ratio, so that I would have a Bumblebee and Cliffjumper for Classics, Titanium, and G1. Also Animated once I get them.

8. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

im definitly liking the universe/classics line more myself, but animated has some awesome concepts too. that ultra magnus is incredible

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While both lines are awesome in my eyes, I prefer Animated over Universe just for the fact that the only CHARACTER I like is Onslaught, and the other toys don't interest me at all.

10. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Equally 50-50 for me. Loving both lines.

11. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    universe is cool cauze it got blasta bitches!

and 25th optimus g1 prime because Ive all ways wanted to be like u guys with ur g1 toys >.<

12. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Lazy C-Soundwave repaint with little to no Autobot-ish / G1 Blaster's characteristics = Mega Fail.

13. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

I have actually been enjoying the Animated line alot more than the couple of Universe figures that've shown up so far.

The real problem with the new Universe is that it's taking more cues from the old Universe (hated with a passion) than Classics (loved to death). The QC's been as spotty as ever, they're picking some poor repaints, and the new molds suffer from too much "reimagining." We're going to have to wait for Silverbolt or even Hound and Inferno until it starts feeling like Classics again. And I really hate that Ironhide got stuck with a scrapped Bay movie deluxe instead of, well, absolutely anything else.

Meanwhile, Animated continues to be the first TF show in almost 10 years with actual characters and plotlines. It does wonders to sell the toys, kind of like...oh what was it called...Generation1?

14. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Universe is obviously more important for me, is like 80% for universe and 20% for animated. Don't get me wrong, I love the animated show and figures, but I'm just more into universe bots.

15. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Its kinda 50/50. I love the Universe Deluxes more than any figure in Animated, BUT I'm not so interested in any of the upcoming figures that are in the larger size classes (Though legends look promising). Now Animated, their figures may not be as great as Universe, but they come damn close, and the larger ones look like more fun than those in Universe. Point is, I'm enjoying both lines and it certainly is a great time to be a collector (if you don't look at it from your wallet's point of view =D)

P.S.: Activators friggin' rock!

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I most definitely like Universe more. I'll admit I've bought more Animated toys and like it better than I initially intended to or thought I would, but the only Animated toy that holds a candle to anything in Universe is Grimlock.

17. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Universe is what consumes my TF collecting at the moment, though I don't like the Sunstreaker mold.

Animated just doesn't jump out at me and demand buying.

18. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    why u be haten

19. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm a classics/ universe man myself. yeah i bought animated prowl, ratchet, Voyager prime, the spidey but they don't really fit with anything else!

20. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Well, back to the forums at last.

I think anything more exciting than Animated.