anyone else feel overwhelmed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 15, 2011.

1. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    This time is a downtime for me and I like it. Although a few of the DOTM figs have been tempting me, I just keep asking myself "How would this fit on my Classics shelf?" That usually prevents me from wasting money on a figure that I'll end up regretting. (Although RTS Strafe and Sunspot snuck by the other day somehow.)

2. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

I'm taking a break for a while. Not a big fan of Movie toys, going to hunt down the last of the RTS/Generation and I'm done. I'm excited for the movie though!

3. UltraMarknus

UltraMarknus Well-Known Member

I feel overwhelmed by the fact that so many great 3rd party figures are available for pre-order right now. Problem is...they are all really expensive. As well, there have been so many great figures released this year, its hard to appreciate them. Yep, real tough time for us TF fans LOL.

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i've got my wants that'll take me to the end of the year, and a couple that spill into next.

works out to under $200 a month and no problems other than the canada post strike and the possibility of missing preorders. oh, and waiting sucks.

looking forward to tfcon for some extra fun and allowing myself the luxury of picking the few things that may interest me.

5. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    I started with Animated. That drew me in. Then discovered classics. Got most of what I wanted.

Don't care for ANY movie toys and I decided that I would NOT collect G1 because it was too big a task and I'm finding that classics killed my enthusiasm for the toys of my youth. So I'm fine without G1 toys, I will let them live in my childhood memories.

3rd party stuff is really exciting and I'm looking forward to generations or RTS continuing in the future.

So, long story short, I understand, but I guess you have to really stop and consider what it is you truly enjoy and stop buying anything and everything.

There are so many that I've picked up that haven't been opened so during this lull, I can go back one by one and really enjoy the engineering and sculpting that went into all these great classics, generations and RTS.

6. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Usually when there's a new movie line. That is sort of the break time of TF collectors. Unless your a fan of the movies lol. Take this time to find another hobby until the next line comes out.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do! I still need to:

...pick up most of Waves 1&2 of DotM stuff (I like movie figs, and like a bunch of the new molds)
    ...pick up the Botcon exclusives I've missed (Sideswipe, Toxitron, an Autotrooper, and Thundercracker)
    ...keep money saved for existing preorders (Vortex, Tokyo Toy Show WfC two-pack, Lawson's Black Prime, FP Insecticons, Blood the Dark Warrior)
    ...save money for other stuff that's out now or will be shortly (Jetwing Prime, FP Clear Protector)
    ...pick up "other" Transformer related stuff (IDW Collection Vol. 4, Beast Wars DVD box set)
    ...pick up older releases that I've had my eyes on
    ...amidst all that, internally debate if I'll pull the trigger on the TFC Devastator or now, with the other five figures to come (I have Exgraver preordered, for now), let alone the TFC Reflector, FP Laser Prime trailer and other third party stuff coming down the pipe
    ...wait for news on later releases for DotM and what I want from those
    ...eagerly anticipate future releases of Generations and maaaaaaaybe reissues (if they happen, from Takara or even Hasbro)...and then know I'll have to save for those too
    ...drag someone with me to see DotM in IMAX 3D at least once
    ...keep money reserved for Comicon toward the end of July (not just the Matrix Prime and Ultimate Prime, but money for food and gas while I'm bouncing around San Diego for four days)

Oh yeah, amidst all of THAT, I was in an auto accident a few weeks ago and have to pay off my part to repair my truck (it's scheduled to be fixed before the 4th of July), buy something else for my dad for Father's Day (I already got one thing and a card), and buy something for my cousin's graduation party before he heads off to college.

So yeah, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed of late.

EDIT: And just as I click away, I notice a Seibertron tweet stating a G1 Devastator reissue set has been spotted at the Tokyo Toy Show. Something else to save for, apparently.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-encore-g1-devastator-giftset-reissue/21975/

8. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Nope, doing fine.
    Only have a teeny tiny wishlist left (like 5 figures).
    There's nothing coming out that I want. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a DOTM voyager Ratchet though

9. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

When RotF took over the market and I had nothing I cared to buy is when I pretty much took care of loose ends in my collection, got a bit more serious about customizing, and then started doing video reviews (the few of them I've actually done).

There's always an outlet. There's a bunch of things here TF-wise that I haven't even touched, like the Funnies section. Or even non-TF collections, which I know many of us have. They don't even have to be toy-related in the least.

You'll find something.

10. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I feel it, totally. I'm really ready to pare down my collection significantly. i'm well over 1200 figs, and i'm ready to dump a TON of stuff.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm feeling rather underwhelmed right now.

Movie toys aren't my thing so nothing new to rush out and get. 3rd party stuff looks great but a wee bit pricy if you are just a casual collector. The only thing I got excited about out of Bot Con this year was Runabout and Runamok, normally I'm not the exclusives type but I'll have to give in this time.

Marvel stuff is slow because movies have taken over the Marvel lines for a while. More the comic book look collector than the film version collector.

Even GI Joe has been rather eh, since you just about have to purchase from the internet thanks to those rotten Rise of Cobra figures turning retailers against GI Joe. But even if things picked up on the Joe front everything goes back to damn movie line next year for GI Joe 2: Come On It Can't Be Worse Than The Last Time.

I think I need to start seeing more non-movie stuff when it comes to toy collecting to get that old excitement back.

12. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me... NO.
    My wallet and wife.... YA.

13. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro's offering is finally slowing down so it definitel helped with not feeling overwhelm. It is the onslaught of 3rd party stuff to be coming that is scaring me. All the cool FP stuff, NotDevastator and potentially IGear Wreckers is making me fear that I would feel burned out on TF's. I am hoping for even Venksta to slow down on his projects so that I don't have to send 40 bucks his way every couple of months. My new obsession is the KREONS though with some minimal interest in a couple of sets of KREO that I might buy.

14. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    there isn't a thread without you hating hasbro for not making anything beast wars related.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this^ overwhelmed by hasbro..nope, by third party..yup

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is how I feel as well.

17. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3rd party stuff is coming in droves. They saw that collectors will pay decent money for things and now they can't get it out fast enough. It is getting almost too much to handle all at once.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'm kind of feeling overwhelmed too, but I've attributed that mostly due to my primary source of TF funding getting eliminated nearly a year ago.

19. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think more satisfied than overwhelmed at this point, though I am welcoming the break that the movie toys and Prime will provide, as I have zero interest in either.

The last wave of Generations figures was a bit of an onslaught though, especially as the Japanese figures were so hit and miss this time around. The Masterpiece toys and some of the third party products are more than enough to keep me going at a steady pace for now, and there can't be too many more classic characters to update, so all in I'm satisfied at the moment. Great job by both TakTom and Hasbro this year, especially with Jazz, Windcharger, Wheeljack, Perceptor, Scourge, Thundercracker and Kup.

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    If anything, i can see myself being underwhelmed.

My suspicion over third party makes things much easier.

Plus, Generations on hold, Masterpiece is going in a direction that's mostly not for me,
    there's maybe 15 DOTM toys i want between now and Xmas, plus Prime leaves me cold.

Hmmm, i think i'll start a thread accusing Hasbro of being out to disappoint me.