anyone else feel overwhelmed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 15, 2011.

1. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i think i'm finally hitting the peak of TF collecting after almost 4 years of collecting.

for me:
    - the nostalgias being overrun by parasite companies
    - tak/bro disappoints with all the constantly unreleased classics, TFA etc figures,
    - so many cool lines you can collect etc all at once but yeah tak/bro do need to slow down at some point to let me (my wallet) breathe a bit.
    - evilbay no fun anymore

anyone else out there feeling overwhelmed with toys at this point?

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Nope. Movie line's out so I get to catch up and finish my Henkei collection then start up on all the United figures I missed.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    We all hit our walls man. Take a break and come back when you're ready. Happens all the time.

4. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before the Live Movies hit it wasn't that bad for me but when they hit theaters I started to feel that Overwhelming feeling grow. It hit a peak in ROTF with so many things quickly coming out in different areas so I took a break for a year from collecting. Now that the movies are ending, I'm getting what I want and looking forward to return to a slower pace with just a show pulling the franchise again.

5. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, whats overwhelming for some (not liking the movie figures) is pure bliss for some of us. Namely me.

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. Still adding just the items I want.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I feel overwhelemed with the fact that I need to make $60 for the DLX wreckers, target jazz, mirage and wheeljack and the fact that I've spent over $100USD on DOTM alone

8. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I felt more overwhelmed last year with all the new Generations/United toys constantly slamming us... this? this is childsplay

9. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I'm finally at a point where I'm starting to pick and choose my purchases instead of buying everything, and the upcoming Prime line doesn't interest me any. So while it's upsetting that not everything thrills me anymore, I'm glad I'm being more selective.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I don't personally. There's not a whole lot of stuff in DOTM so far that I want (although considering there's still obviously a ton of new stuff Hasbro isn't going to reveal until after DOTM hits, I may have to take that statement back:lol ), and I don't really care too much about the 3rd parties since I've yet to even buy anything from them, so it's as if they never eixisted (which was the case until the revolutionary City Commander changed things). Honestly I'm kinda taking a semi-break from Transformers: still buying the toys when I see them but not actively hunting or working towards getting older figures. I'll get what I want in time, but for now I can concentrate on other things.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    time to hunt down some old stuff since all the movie stuff is flooding the market :) 

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Botcon exclusives raped me this year.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    No not really, I dont have any "have to get" lines no more. Animated was the first series I really cared about since the Beast Era ended. But stuff like Botcon just kills my hopes on adding to it. It seems to hurt Hasbro to produce something that is using the Maximal, Predacon, or Vehicon logo that isnt a robot hero. So there goes more figures I'd would buy without thinking.

So outside of the select Transformers I do like out now, I really cant say I have that feeling. I kind of missed feeling like that back before "retro" took over.

14. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I'm just bored. Ever Since I got hooked on classics figures, just been bored. I feel lost these days. I used to collect everything I liked but hard times made me limit my purchases to what what I really like. Right now, that isnt much. I feel lost. I get the whole ebay thing too. It used to be fun to buy and sell things on there but now its not. I'm actually happy about the third party stuff. Its the only thing keeping me involved at this point.

@ seali , off topic,is that a giant junkion you're making? Lol.

15. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm not feeling any pressure at all. I'm enjoying the variety and picking up my favorites as I go.

16. C-109

C-109 Targetmaster

Feeling the same way. Only going to purchase HA and Leaders for the movie line and then I'm out.

If they come out with a new collector line similar to the size and quality of HA/Binaltech/Alts then I'll probably pick some of those up as well, but otherwise I've pretty much had my fill.

17. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Life's been stressful recently. Transformers are one of my few releases. I'm especially enjoying Walmart Prime. Such a nice design, too bad it had pretty shoddy HQ. You can see from just in the packaging almost no effort was put into the actual construction of the figure, despite the design being one of the best of DotM so far, right up there with Barricade and Screamer.

The only thing that's overwhelming for me is how poor distribution has been these past two years, so I end up going on a lot of disappointing hunts.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel the same now. I can pick and choose out of that line while picking up stuff i have missed. Also:

All this new stuff is sweet. I remember too many times where there wasnt anything new for a while.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i actually feel like this right now is a duller time, if only because i have everything i presently want, im not scrambling.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not quitting collecting, but yeah I'm overwhelmed. I want to buy DOTM toys, some left over generations/RTS toys I need, and Prime toys are coming soon. Plus I want those Fansproject insecticons. Ugh. I really need to get a damn job over the summer so I can pay for w/e I want.